Project Manager – Development
Hertfordshire – Sites London and Home Counties
£Neg. + Pkge
Established for over 50 years they have become a leading developer of quality homes and sustainable communities, for all sectors of the housing market in London and the Home Counties delivering in excess of 400 units per annum. Having dedicated a significant investment in Land they will successfully accelerate further growth within their housebuilding, partnerships and build to rent business.
To join their team and take responsibility for project allocated.
Duties to include:
Undertake programming, from overall project programme to detailed task scheduling, from inception to operation
Provide change control procedure to maximum added value and minimise disruption to the project
Provide structured approach to project planning to include health and safety, execution methods and quality
Manage, train and develop all reporting staff
Identify critical success factors and KPI’s and feed back into monitoring and reporting systems
Provide project direction, focus and consistency across the project
Supervision of the Site Manager, including the following areas;
1. Health and Safety Issues
2. Ensure HSE requirements are met
3. Quality Control
4. Resource allocation and control (in liaison with the Quantity Surveyor)
5. Liaison with the client and contract administrator on both a formal and informal basis
6. Ensure compliance and planning supervisor requirements
7. Application for all licences, permits etc. and ensuring they are in place prior to contract commencement
8. Ensuring that site set up works is complied with
9. Co-ordination with sub-contractors and appointment of
10. Attendance, preparation and reporting for all meetings in relation to the project
11. To have a clear understanding of the way the job is priced to enable us to take full benefit of any opportunities for variations.
12. Ensure that all systems in place to ensure works are completed in accordance with the company’s values
Endeavour, wherever possible, to resolve difficulties in non-adversarial manner
Understand and communicate commercial aims of the project and business plan objectives
Identify key project commercial indicators and monitor / measure delivery
Make every effort to attend all mandatory courses related to your role
Comply with all the roles and responsibilities as set out within the SHEQ management system
You will have:
* Ideally, have a relevant Degree in Construction – highly desirable but not essential
* Previous experience in project management or site management in a UK new build environment is essential.
* An excellent understanding of Health and Safety legislation.
* Sound knowledge of current building legislation.
* Have excellent communication skills
* Financial and commercial awareness.
* Team commitment and the ability to work alone.
* Demonstrates eye for detail and commitment to delivering excellent standards.
* Ability to negotiate and influence.
* Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines.
* Professional attitude and approach to work and well presented.
* Ability to competently operate MS Office (Word & Excel).
* Current and Valid UK driving licence
* Have stable work history
This is an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager seeking a new challenge or an Senior Site Manager looking for their next move into Project Management role.
Please forward a current CV in the first instance.
MSB Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency working within the Building and Civil Engineering sectors throughout the UK.
Project Manager / Project Management / Construction Project Manager / PM / Senior Site Manager / Developer
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.