My client is a multi-disciplined consultancy group, working across the civil engineering sectors. They have decades of experience working with rail, highways, nuclear, water and many other sectors, supporting clients on some of the United Kingdom’s most prestigious infrastructure projects.
They have recently been appointed as the Client Project Manager on a new build station project, part of a large redevelopment scheme, located in North Bristol. The scheme has an anticipated duration of twenty four months and due to start construction in the summer of 2022.
As such, they have a requirement for a Project Manager to lead procurement, cost control, design & construction of this scheme, managing change and risk & ensuring a safe working environment.
The duties for the position are set out below:
* Deliver individual projects or parts of projects in a safe and environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Governance of Railway Investment Projects, current legislation and procedures including HMRI guidance where
* Provide a professional, consistent, and effective project management service including the use of Key Performance Indicators and project reporting systems in accordance with company/client standards and guidelines.
* Act upon and discharge of, all Construction Design Management obligations for projects as directed.
* Be an active participant in the CPMS Behavioural based safety programme i.e. Safety Scrum.
* Manage the establishment of the initial project baseline to provide effective measurement and control. The baseline will encompass; project documentation; key deliverables; delivery strategy; resource requirements; outputs/measures; risks; dates and cost information.
* Manage the selection and/or development of appropriate supply strategies and framework contracts for each project; and confirm successful engagement.
* Provide detailed input for compilation of the business plan and production of the possessions plan.
* Control project change, risks and contingency within the project life cycle, reviewing and checking that appropriate approvals are sought before implementation.
* Manage the development and delivery of change projects in compliance with company/client processes and procedures.
* Provide a safe working environment in the execution of work directly under the post holder’s responsibility, including development of project safety pans and other associated documentation.
* Promote and monitor the use of efficiency improvement method
* Network Rail experience is essential
* Relevant experience in project management and successfully
delivery of Rail projects
* Design and construction management experience
* Ability to produce and maintain a robust project programme
(appreciation of Primavera desirable)
* Knowledge of monitoring and controlling project finances
* Contract management (NEC and NR suite of contracts) experience
* Knowledge of GRIP and Asset Management Plans (AMP)
* A good understanding of Construction Design & Management (CDM)
* General knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental Regulations
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.