Who they are
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. As a multisector consultancy, they provide engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, they are helping their clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. They have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and they take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
About the division
The Advisory and Programme Delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from £million’s to £20bn, through the Technical disciplines of Land Advisory, Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting, Education and Healthcare Management.
Are you an experienced Project Manager seeking a new challenge?
Interested in joining a leading multi-million-pound organisation to work on a range of exciting schemes?
Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunities for long term career progression?
Our client is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. They are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, they're helping their clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. They have a collegiate and collaborative culture, valuing equality and diversity, taking proactive steps to create an inclusive environment. The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from £million’s to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
The vision (with the help of you) is to deliver major projects as part of a global business and to establish their wide-ranging consultancy as credible and preferred for their existing and new clients.
You will be responsible for the entire scope required for successful delivery of projects including: appraisal, planning, detailed design, construction and delivery phases. To deliver these by complying with HM Treasury Governance and processes specifically; Project Management, Health & Safety, Commercial, Risk & Value, Budget. Manage a delivery team and all key stakeholders.
Responsible for delivery of projects (Client Side) ensuring:
– Delivery on time within cost and to stated quality standards
– Ensure the embedding of sustainability principles
– Effective management of health, safety and wellbeing of all those engaged on the project
– Deliver within specified internal and client governance tolerances
– Ensure the relevant safety management system has been employed
– Coordinate and manage contract requirements (NEC) relating to design solutions, construction and commissioning.
– Collaborate with the Technical lead as per the delivery strategy to ensure excellence in Health and Safety in design
– Be accountable for the expenditure, and overall out turn cost for the project including authorisation through specified governance.
– Ensure effective communication and interfaces with the supply chain and procurement functions.
– Be responsible for ensuring the change control process is followed including managing and recording all change to time, cost and quality.
– Active stakeholder management to clarify requirements and agree project objectives and priorities. Maintain stakeholder involvement in key decisions.
– Manage project risk and opportunities effectively – take responsibility for the identification, allocation and management of the project risk and opportunities, taking effective mitigation measures to reduce risk.
– Be accountable for the commercial objectives specific to the project – ensure necessary reporting & information is delivered on time, to the required standard.
– Maintain excellent communications with the client and wider programme team.
– Be responsible for the project programme. Work with multidisciplinary delivery teams to update the programme as required.
– Ensure the effective and efficient close out of all projects
* A degree in engineering or project management subject
* A relevant professional qualification with the APM or Prince 2
* Full Membership, or working towards full membership of a relevant chartered body; MAPM, MCIWEM, MICE, MCIOB, MRICS etc..
* Project management experience across a range of disciplines, contract/procurement
* Experience of managing projects within the Water and Environment Sector
* Experience of NEC contracts and their practical application
* Excellent written and oral communication
* Able to foster and promote collaborative working relationships
* Experience of working ‘client side’ for the Environment Agency, DEFRA or other RMA’s would be an advantage
If this sounds like you, please clikc here to apply now
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.