Here at Balfour Beatty, our work inspires communities and advances society. Our commitment to sustainability looks even further – generations further. Join our Power Transmission & Distribution team as a Quality Advisor to be based at our London Power Tunnels project and you’ll be part of our legacy.
London Power Tunnel Phase 2 (LPT2) is a cable replacement project in the south of London. The aim of the project is to create a secure route for the replacement of high voltage cables connecting 3 different National Grid (NG) substations.
The high level summary of the Balfour Beatty scope (Package 4) is as follows:
* Installation of 190km of 400kV XLPE cable within the new 32.5km bored tunnel network (3m minimum diameter)
* Design and Supply of Permanent Monorail System
* Cable installation between Headhouse and terminations at all sites.
As a Quality Advisor, you will have the following accountabilities:
* Supporting the delivery of Contract, Business Unit and SBU Quality Action Plans;
* Supporting and facilitating Quality management planning (including contract quality plans and industry specific plans e.g. NHSS, gas, water, etc.);
* Challenging current systems and processes to ensure best practice and continual improvement;
* Where required supporting development of appropriate content for the business management system;
* Supporting quality related improvement initiatives;
* Providing advice and coaching on Quality issues;
* Supporting Quality related training to equip the business with the skills to drive improvements in Quality performance;
* Interfacing with audit function to support locally where required;
* Supporting contracts to ensure they are compliant with Balfour Beatty & contract specific requirements;
* Where appropriate providing Quality advice to our supply chain;
* Where required providing Quality input to the tender development and bidding process;
* Production of appropriate reports and management information;
* Living the Balfour Beatty Values;
* Ensuring a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
* Supporting the delivery of the Sustainability 2020 road-map;
* Supporting the business unit external accreditation process (including ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 and industry licences) to ensure it is able to operate in its chosen sector.
ou will have the following:
* An understanding and commitment to Quality Management;
* Coaching skills;
* Ability to nurture strong relationships with delivery teams and project managers;
* Either a CQI Practitioner or willing to work towards practitioner status;
* Competent user of modern office computer systems e.g. Microsoft Office.
The following are desirable:
* A working knowledge of the sector in which the role is to operate;
* An understanding and knowledge of ISO 9001 and Internal Audit;
* Has an ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts;
* Pays attention to detail and the ability to see things through to completion;
* Can deliver reports orally and written in an objective manner;
* Has good interpersonal and communication skills.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our skilled and dedicated teams deliver a range of proactive and reactive services which support a reliable and safe supply of power flowing to millions of homes and businesses around the world. Our contracts range from 50,000 schemes to 100 million plus major projects.
Balfour Beatty’s Power Transmission & Distribution teams work with regional, national and international electricity network owners and operators to provide technical engineering solutions. With experience and expertise across the full spectrum of the electricity grid our teams have capability across overhead lines, cable tunnels, distribution networks and substations. From scoping and feasibility, to design, construction and on-going maintenance, our in-house experts, flexible resources and industry-leading innovations support clients in the development of some of the world’s most ambitious power transmission and distribution projects.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality.
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.