We are currently working with an established Construction Consultancy who are seeking keen and driven people to join their growing Quality Control Inspector/Clerk of Works team in their London office as a Quality Control Inspector. The successful candidates should:
* Hold a construction related qualification such as NVQ, HNC, HND, C&Gs or equivalent. Should ideally be members of the Institute of Clerk of Works and or Chartered Institute of Building (not essential).
* Be familiar with contractual requirements of Quality Control Inspectors and the procedure and processes required within construction and contract. Working knowledge and understanding of the JCT suite of contracts and NEC3.
* An understanding of current NHBC standards, Building Regulations and methods of construction, concrete and timber frame, traditional and modern methods of construction.
* Understanding of the requirements for CML and Testing and commissioning.
* Have knowledge of Low and High Rise residential construction.
* Competent IT skills – Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, Digital Dictation.
* A focus and passion for quality and keen interest in learning, keeping up to date with industry standards, improvements and developments are key attributes.
* Ability to monitor and record progress against programme and identify delays.
* Able to gather and analyse information from a variety of sources to support decision making.
* In addition to technical expertise they can demonstrate a consultative approach with the ability build rapport, establish credibility and build effective relationships with clients, contractors and colleagues.
* Confident to review, challenge and audit design.
* Significant and proven experience of construction, both theoretical and practical.
* Hold a full driving licence and access to own vehicle for business use.
Please forward your details or contact Phil to discuss further
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.