Farrans Construction is currently recruiting a Quality Manager for major, high profile civil engineering projects in the East of England. Gull Wing in Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing are both complex and challenging moving bridges with associated highways and structures.
The Quality Manager will contribute to developing and operating a dedicated Quality Control function within Farrans. They will be expected to demonstrate strong influencing and people skills and to create a quality-focused culture which constructs ‘right first time’.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Support development of the company’s internal quality management system.
* Develop and implement a company-wide standardised management approach for project quality control.
* Provide technical quality-related advice and support to project teams and supply chain.
* Plan and conduct regular audits of project quality control practices and documentation.
* Monitor quality performance and trends and identify company-wide preventative actions.
* Develop continuous improvement practices including Quality alerts, communication and knowledge sharing.
* Support development and upskilling of key supply chain partners to achieve greater operational efficiency.
* Monitor the project performance in completion of corrective & preventative actions and closure of NCR’s.
* Prepare monthly quality performance data and reports to management and senior leadership.
* Promote a positive, ‘no-blame’, continuous improvement quality culture.
* Encourage a commitment to transparency, communication and knowledge sharing.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
* Third level degree qualification in a relevant engineering and construction discipline.
* Post graduate study or qualification in construction quality management(Desirable).
* A member of a relevant professional body such as RICS, CIOB, ICE or APM (Desirable).
* Experience working with major regional and/or national clients, e.g. Highways England, London Boroughs.
* Bridges/Marine experience.
* Full Driving Licence.
* At least eight years’ experience working in Civils operations or quality management within complex large-scale civil engineering projects.
* Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite and project document management systems.
* Effective working knowledge of Building and /or Civil Engineering specifications, quality standards and trade work practices.
In return, you will be rewarded with an excellent Salary and Benefits Package which includes: Pension Scheme, Car Allowance, Working away from Home Allowance, Bonus Scheme
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.