Quantity Surveyor, Major Projects
Competitive Salary + Car + Benefits
Moving people. Shaping the future. At Otis, we take pride in leading the industry we founded.
There’s never been a better time to join our team as we continue in our journey as an independent company. We are the leader in elevators, escalators and moving walkways. As our new equipment pipeline continues to grow we are now looking to expand our West London based commercial team by recruiting a talented Quantity Surveyor to help us deliver on our commitments today, plan our strategy for the future and leave their fingerprints on the organisation for years to come.
As a Quantity Surveyor at Otis you will be integral in collaborating with our onsite major project teams, providing sufficient contract support to maximise all opportunities and minimise any risk; driving results to ensure profitability.
* Be responsible for establishing commercial processes and procedures that will ultimately protect revenue
* Manage the commercial risk to the business through driving delivery of contractual obligations and governance through the whole of the project life cycle
* Assist in the financial management of the project ensuring cash-flow forecasting is prepared and monitored closely including billings and payments
* Evaluate and advise on financial implications of potential decisions
* Advise on conflict avoidance, management and resolution; this would include compiling evidence in the debt resolution process
To be successful in this role you will:
* Be able to demonstrate you have worked on large complex projects of up to c£10 million
* Have experience within either lifts, construction or infrastructure
* Possess working knowledge of JCT form of contract
* Show that you are resilient and able to be proactive to meet company commitments
What can we offer you?
* Strong Remuneration Package
* A real commitment to career progression with access to funded study schemes such as our industry leading Employee Scholarship Program and Educational Assistance Scheme
* A culture which encourages innovative ideas and appreciates our talent is the key to our success
More about us:
Otis is the world’s largest elevator and escalator manufacturing, installation and service business. We serve customers in over 200 countries and territories around the world and maintain more than 2 million elevators and escalators globally. Our Gen2® elevator system, energy-saving ReGen™ drive technology and Link escalator solutions have set industry standards for innovation and performance. Otis has more than 69,000 employees, including engineers, digital technology experts, sales and functional specialists, as well as factory and field technicians. We are proud to be a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving, high-performance company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures to better serve our customers. So just imagine where you can take your career!
We are a company with a big commitment to the continuing development of everyone who works for us, strongly supporting career progression and facilitating a culture which encourages innovative ideas and appreciate that our talent is the key to our success.
We welcome applications from talented Quantity Surveyors, Cost Consultants, Commercial Managers, Cost Manager and Cost Engineers who live within a commutable distance of London.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion helps ensure the ideas, perspectives and experiences of individual employees support a culture of learning and attract world-class talent. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and candidates will be equally assessed and selected based on objective criteria
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.