Primary Experience in M&E – Heating / Ventilation / Electrical Systems
One of the leading independent engineering and services businesses in the UK. Founded in 1921, with a turnover of £500m and 3000 employees, we are proud of our history of developing great people through our investment in training.
Working across a variety of sectors within the building and infrastructure industry, our innovative, responsible and forward-thinking approach allows them to work on fantastic ground-breaking projects, providing solutions using the latest tools and technologies.
Our client values progression, making sure that clearly defined development paths are offered, supported by regular reviews, training and ongoing support to enable you to be the best you can be.
The Role – MEP Quantity Surveyor – MEP/Building Services environment
An exciting new opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join the team based in Reading. In this role you will provide commercial support to the business, maintaining and maximising the profitability of small to medium projects through timely requests for payment, minimising sub contract costs, agreement of variations and accurate reporting.
* Ensure that our safety first and foremost message is visible and alive through all activities on the project
* Ensure the use of, and compliance to, legal and company policies and processes in line with contractual obligations
* Understand project contract terms, manage risks and opportunities, ensuring they are commercially mitigated or enhanced. Identify any changes in line with company’s contractual obligations
* Maintain all records in order to maximise contractual entitlements
* Communicate with the operational teams on risk and contract terms and conditions, and have a continual understanding of project status
* Prepare, submit applications, and secure recovery of payment, with substantiation of compensation or variations
* With support, manage subcontract accounts through to final account settlement
* Monitor and control progress with the operational team, providing accurate internal reporting
* Ensure availability of all project reports, applications, certificates, payments, timeliness and quality of delivery, and tender allowances.
* With support, negotiate to settle the project account with the client
* Previous experience in a similar role, MEP/Building Services environment is essential – New build Experience – Heating/Ventilation/Electrical Systems is a very strong requirement
* Relevant BSC/degree or equivalent, or willingness to work towards
* Competitive Salary
* 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays
* Pension with leading provider and up to 8% employer contribution
* Private healthcare
* Free 24/7 365 Employee assistance program to support mental health and wellbeing (including counselling sessions and legal advice)
* Personal development programme
* Flexible Benefits
* Car/Car Allowance
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis. We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services. Please visit our website for our latest roles and news
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.