Quantity Surveyor – Stevenage
This Quantity Surveyor's role is with one of the UK’s leading main contractors. Operating primarily in the new build sector with projects ranging in value from £10m – £200m. Typical project types span most private and public sector works and this role is within their Stevenage area. Currently working extensively in the industrial and logistics sectors this role is on a major new build distribution centre/ industrial unit.
• In conjunction with the relevant Project Management team member(s), be accountable for the profitability of the project(s), and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project(s) to ensure delivery of required margins
• Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed
• With other members of the team, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value
• Continually monitor projected costs to completion in line with budget
• Ensure that necessary interface information between customers, sub-contractors and other departments is provided in a timely manner
• Monitor cash flow and valuation plan, ensuring applications are made correctly and in a timely manner
• Ensure contract variations are identified, valued and turned into agreed variation orders with the customer in a timely manner
• Assist in ensuring effective records are maintained to support claims and that applications for payment for variations are issued in a timely manner
• Ensure that subcontracts are placed in an appropriate manner to step down appropriate responsibilities from the Main Contract
• Provide accurate monthly reporting of cost and value on the project(s) in line reporting process
The Plus Point:
With this contractor, there are genuine opportunities for progression and career growth. They also invest heavily in training and successful applicants can expect long and rewarding careers.There are genuine opportunities for career development and progression with this organisation. They also invest heavily in training and successful applicants can expect long and rewarding careers.
Excellent salary including.
* Industry leading maternity/paternity scheme
* Generous Pension
* Comprehensive healthcare
* Car allowance
* Flexible working arrangements
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.