Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Exeter or Bristol
Salary: £55,000 to £65,000 + £6k car allowance
Sector: New build, bespoke residential developments
Start Date: ASAP
Our client is a leading privately owned bespoke, high-end residential developer with an established reputation within the South West market and beyond. Projects are varied and unique in design across a range of landmark developments consisting of new build houses, apartments and refurbishment of existing space.
Senior Quantity Surveyor – The Role:
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join the regional commercial team. You will be responsible for leading the day to day commercial aspects of a new build residential development, reporting to an experienced Senior/Managing QS and working closely with operational and design teams.
Typical duties & responsibilities:
* To ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project.
* Prepare the cost / value reconciliation reports accurately
* Prepare and agree interim valuations at the agreed dates to gain the best commercial advantage for the company.
* Agree final accounts with subcontractors to maximise project margins.
* Ensure sub contract orders are prepared in accordance with company procedure with reference to the date given on the procurement schedules and / or in accordance with the contract programme having achieved the appropriate approvals.
* Maintain control of sub contractor`s accounts and minimise the cost of any variations.
* Manage subcontracts in terms of valuation and correspondence.
* To carry out duties as quantity surveyor on projects as instructed.
* To ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project in their control.
* Prepare or assist with cost / value reconciliation reports on a monthly basis accurately reporting the forecast final financial position of the project.
* Prepare turnover cash flow forecasts as directed by line manager at the commencement of all projects, updating as required and recording actual valuation achieved against forecast.
Senior Quantity Surveyor – The Person
* You will have solid experience with a main contractor or residential housing developer
* Demonstrable experience of delivering residential projects within budget and programme is vital
* Innovative – ability to identify better ways of doing things
* A good team player, someone who wants to be part of a growing business to achieve common goals.
* Commutable between Bristol and Somerset
* Competitive salary
* Company car allowance
* Company benefits package
* Varied and unique residential developments
* Continued local work within the South West
Please contact Foresight Search for more information on this, or any other vacancy (phone number removed)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.