When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
At Bellway we recognise that people are the key to our success and our goal is to provide a rewarding and fulfilling career in line with our values of quality, service and trust. In addition to this we are committed to being a more inclusive employer and invite applications from a variety of backgrounds.
There is an exciting opportunity to join Bellway, one of the UK’s largest house builders. Our North West Division is looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join the Division’s Commercial department.
This role of Quantity Surveyor is responsible for managing the commercial aspects of each development. This includes managing the costs for each site and ensuring that targets are met by managing and controlling the budgets and valuations.
The Quantity Surveyor reports to the Commercial Director.
Principal accountabilities of the role include:
* Produce draft budgets and site start budgets for each site allocated to the Quantity Surveyor.
* Produce quarterly valuations and complete material ‘cost to complete’ exercises for each site the Quantity Surveyor is responsible for.
* Produce sub-contract payments and final accounts, ensuring that the sub-contractor has signed these off.
* Produce sub-contract orders, ensuring they are authorised by the authorised representative, together with all necessary documentation to comply with Group Commercial Policy.
* Complete on-site measurements and assess payments to contractors.
* Attend and contribute to various meetings, such as pre-order meetings, quarterly valuation meetings and project review meetings with senior management, construction team as well as external contractors.
* Manage all sub-contract orders on site, meeting sub-contractors as and when required.
* Maintain trade specifications.
* Price customer extras and liaise with sales department as necessary.
* Manage Professional Fees Budget.
* Assist with material buying when required.
* Assist the Estimator and / or Commercial Director with take-off’s for land appraisals when required
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
* Experience of working as a Quantity Surveyor or Surveyor with a residential house builder.
Qualifications and Training
* HND/HNC Building Studies
* GCSE Grade C/4+ or equivalent in English and Maths
* Current CSCS card or equivalent is desirable
Skills and Aptitude
* Strong communication and listening skills, with good negotiation skills
* Highly motivated to deliver quality developments
* Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
* Excellent attention to detail and demonstrates ability to meet deadlines
* IT literate and the ability to adapt to new systems
* Good administration skills
* Committed to diversity and inclusion
The Role and Working Conditions
* Willing to be flexible in respect to day to day duties and hours worked.
* Office based role, with travel within the Divisional area.
* Ability to travel to development sites as and when required.
In return we can offer you:
Company car / car allowance
25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
Contributory pension scheme
We reserve the right to close this vacancy if a large volume of applications are received
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.