Ou client are a national Industrial Services Contractor who are currently either looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor or an assistant who would like to progress with a specialist contractor
JOB TITLE: Quantity Surveyor- Barrow (Marine Division)
FUNCTION: To administer the commercial function of the contract(s) for BAE Systems at Barrow-in-Furness including onsite measurement, estimating, job costing, cost control, forecasting and administration of the contract(s).
REPORTS TO: Director (Marine- Commercial)
INTERFACES WITH: Paint Operations Directors (Marine) Paint Management and Supervision Accounts & Finance Clients
– Responsible for the administration of the commercial function at Barrow-in-Furness, ensuring compliance with business policies / procedures and contractual obligations.
– To maintain accurate and effective job cost reporting to aid efficiency improvements and cost control to assist Operations in ensuring that budgets and forecasts are achieved throughout project delivery.
– To administer project requirements and where applicable ensure project variations are captured, accurately costed and subsequently agreed with clients.
The following outlines the primary responsibilities and duties of this role: –
– Administer commercial function to ensure business objectives and policies are achieved and contractual obligations are met at all stages of process from receipt of contract instruction through to payment.
– Administer accurate project commercial reporting to ensure that the projects financial performance is being correctly reported.
– Identification, management and reporting of business risks and opportunities to ensure there are being managed and mitigated as appropriate
– Contribute to monthly management accounts for submission to the business, ensuring that project performance is being reported in accordance with policy and procedures
– Embrace and practice Group Values
– Any other duties as required by the company
JOB DESCRIPTION ACCOUNTABILITY: The Quantity Surveyor reports directly to the Director (Marine- Commercial) on a day-to-day basis and communicates with all other appropriate Stakeholders as required.
PROFILE: The Quantity Surveyor shall be fully conversant with the contract and the obligations contained therein at Barrow-in-Furness and work hand in hand with the rest of the project team to ensure successful overall project delivery. Be open, honest and trustworthy in their communications both internally with colleagues and externally with client.
Our client would consider any type of Quantity Surveying background within Construction or civil engineering. Industrial experience would be good however they are willing to train somebody up and there is a very good close knit team with support around the succesful candidate so you will not be thrown in the deep end
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.