Quantity Surveyor £38,000 – £50,000 (d.o.e) Gloucestershire …..
Are you an Assistant Quantity Surveyor who is ready for their next step in their career? Or a Quantity Surveyor who is ready for a new challenge and a new environment? Then we would urge you to read on as our client has JUST created a new role within their Commercial Team and it could have your name on it?! The role will be covering projects which are nationwide, however, many current projects are situated within the South of England fyi.
This role will be working within a small commercial team amongst 4 others, all who have a passion for QS. The sector that my client is linked to is the commercial / industrial construction industry. A great opportunity to work with a company who are the leaders in their field, they have grown organically in the past and love to mould people internally, they are now experiencing huge success and are having to turn down business! Hence the need to expand this department and bring in a new Quantity Surveyor to join the team… A friendly place to work, great colleagues within the Commercial team, who are all working to the same objectives… If you are wanting or feel ready for a move then this is a company you will want to talk to….. They are extremely customer centric, thus take their reputation incredibly seriously AND THE GREAT NEWS is that we have never had anyone interview with this company that hasn’t wanted to work for them!…. So not only are they a good employer, but they are also clearly going places and are looking for talented, committed employees who are wanting to be on their journey with them…
Interviews for this role we are anticipating will take place asap. – so do not delay in contacting us to find out whether it could be a good fit for you…
To be fully transparent, this role requires a QS to have a good understanding and enthusiasm of construction law (specifically JCT and NEC contracts)
KEY DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Organisation & Planning
• Sets, agrees and runs effective plans for self and others based on business goals and organisational requirements
• Organise and plan a broad range of work.
• Monitor the progress of any plan and adapt or modify where necessary.
• Communicate changes to relevant parties.
Product & Technical Knowledge
• Uses product and technical knowledge to improve results.
• Demonstrates a good understanding of projects to enable accurate cost management to completion with a thorough understanding of legal obligations.
• Ensure that the most cost-effective product is being provided which meets the performance criteria.
• Successful job role performance leads to delivery of required commercial results.
• Liaise with the project managers on a regular basis concerning the commercial aspects of projects to ensure margin expectations are achieved.
• Review and negotiate contract terms to mitigate risk and closely monitor the status of contracts in line with company procedure.
• Review, sign and monitor non-disclosure agreements.
• Attend post tender and pre-contract meetings.
• Take active participation to aid Contract Managers in the procurement of materials including financial evaluation of quotation received.
• Perform risk analysis and cost control reviews to ensure business targets are achieved.
• Attend meetings as required to efficiently manage the financial performance of projects (including internal commercial review meetings).
• Ensure contract compliance (including but not limited to contract changes, valuations, notices, and final accounts).
• Manage costs and review site performance to prevent disputes.
• Manage the retention of legal documents.
• Liaise with stakeholders throughout the business to ensure decisions are made with a full awareness of financial and legal implications.
• Assist in the company’s personal development and training strategy.
• Develop existing reporting procedures.
• A degree in Quantity Surveying, and/or, membership to the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (either MRICS or FRICS).
• 3+ years’ Quantity Surveying experience.
• Strong negotiation skills and an ability to maintain composure under pressure.
• An understanding and enthusiasm of construction law (specifically JCT and NEC contracts).
• Presents a professional and relationship-building manner in all scenarios.
• Shows drive through motivation, resilience, taking personal responsibility; goes the extra mile.
• Enthusiastic to attend sites and develop relationships with suppliers and customers which may include overnight stays.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with stakeholders at various levels. Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
This role will have the opportunity, to work from home, from the office, and from Sites that you will be required to visit – thus all candidates will need to have a driving license and own a car. Candidates from the following areas are urged to apply: Worcester, Tewkesbury, Gloucester, Pershore, Stroud, Stonehouse, Forest of Dean, Cheltenham, Evesham as all these areas are easily commutable to this Clients location just off Junction 11 of the M5.
If you have the experience in Quantity Surveying and tick the above boxes then we look forward to hearing from you, to see if this Client ticks your boxes! ….
To ensure that your application receives the fullest possible attention, it is essential that you carefully consider the role that you are applying for, please ensure that your CV contains all relevant information about yourself in relation to the specific role advertised. This is important as in the present economic climate, we are receiving huge amounts of applications and thus it will help your application if your CV and covering letter state all relevant information clearly. Due to this unprecedented increase in applications, we are unfortunately unable to respond to each application personally (which would normally be our preferred method of communication). Hence, if you do not hear from us within one week, we regret you must conclude on this occasion your application for this role has been unsuccessful, we will, however, keep your details for any future opportunities that we may deem you suitable for.
As a Recruitment Consultancy you will be required to attend a “virtual meeting” with ourselves or attend a face-to-face meeting at our offices in Barnwood (social distancing measures adhered to) prior to your details being submitted to our Clients. Taylor Made Recruitment Services are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all areas of society
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.