Who are we?
Watson Construction deliver affordable new build housing schemes across Greater Manchester and the surrounding areas and pride ourselves on delivering consistent quality standards across our projects. We're working to deliver around 300 homes a year and have a strong pipeline of over 1,000 homes to take to site over the coming year.
Whats the Job?
Due to company growth we are now looking to expand the Commercial department and are in need of an additional experienced Quantity Surveyor to join the team.
Managing all aspects of costs, budgets and monitoring commercial aspects of projects, from pre-tender through to final accounts for ourselves and subcontractors. Preparation of monthly valuations and project information to communicate to our clients.
Main responsibilites include;
* Overseeing the below for 3-4 developments at various build stages
* Maintaining all cost control procedures for projects including budgets, valuations and estimated final costs.
* Preparing Trade Specifications and detailed tender analysis to ensure they meet specifications required
* Processing sub-contract orders, payment and variations in a timely fashion
* Communicating relevant updates to in house departments, sub-contractors, clients and client agents
* Collating all up to date information relevant to projects and presenting data clearly and accurately for analysis
What are we looking at from a successful candidate?
* 4/5 years of experience within QS role within housebuilding sector
* Level 4 or above in a Construction based qualification
* Strong knowledge of building regulations, warrranty providers and Health and Safety requirement
* Highly numerate with ability to gather interpret and present data
* Strong I.T skills including usage of COINS
* Methodical, conscientious and organised
* Ability to manage time effectively and work off own initiative
* Strong communication skills
* Team player
What will you get?
Competitive salary, car allowance, company pension, 33 days annual leave including 8 UK bank holidays and profit share bonus scheme entitlement.
If you think you fit the bill and are interested in seeing what Watson is about, send in your application to find out more
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.