We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join our growing Aviation commercial team based from our Heathrow offices, to complement our existing commercial team to realise our ambitious growth plans across the division.
The role will include a variety of civil engineering and Airport infrastructure contracts, within a wider team, including pre-contract, internal reporting, contract administration and commercial management,
This is a key position for us and pivotal to both our divisional business expansion plans and very exciting future workload.
Duties will include:
• Providing the commercial function across a variety of projects, both within existing frameworks and stand-alone projects, to ensure successful project delivery.
• Working within a team of talented professionals ensuring co-ordination and provision across all aspects of project delivery,
• Undertake pre-contract setup, including forecasting, measurement, sub-contract tendering and procurement,
• Effectively manage the commercial aspects of the project, including valuations, subcontractor accounts, budget monitoring, material/plant reconciliation and contract variations.
• Management and close out of Final Accounts
• Assess and provide input reviewing commercial and contractual risks
• Maximize cashflow through the control and valuation of works, invoicing and payment process
• Assisting in compliance with all legal requirements, including contractual and legislative.
• Assisting in compliance with all internal processes and governance.
• Preparing and reporting thought Monthly Cost Value Reports
• Promoting collaborative and effective teamworking within the client environment
• Assisting and providing commercial/contractual guidance during production of cost significant variations
• Pro-active dispute avoidance and management
The successful applicant will have gained experience in a similar role, be well organised with good presentation skills and have the ability to communicate professionally at all levels.
• Degree Qualified in either Quantity Surveying or Construction Management (or equivalent)
• Successfully worked within a team of Quantity Surveyors previously, but equally capable to working alone
• A real eye for the finer details
• Confident IT skills, particularly Excel
• Previous experience with the NEC form of contract is essential
Due to the variety of forms of contract used and complexity of the projects we work on, we prefer applicants for this role to have a background in working on civil infrastructure and/or civil engineering contracts.
You will be commercially astute with a history of delivering projects within budget and possess the necessary interpersonal skills to work closely with client and site teams.
We will offer you a remuneration package including:
• Attractive salary
• Pension contribution
• Private healthcare
• Car or car allowance
• Yearly performance bonus
• Clear career path
• Support in your continued training & development
This is an exciting time in our continued development and we want to engage with ambitious and talented people interested in joining us. We pride ourselves on high staff retention, mainly down to offering employees a clearly defined career path and the support to excel.
If you have an ambition and drive then we would be very interested to discuss the opportunity in more detail
**Dyer & Butler are an equal opportunities employer
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.