Quantity Surveyor – Developer
Salary – Up to £65,000 (Depending on Experience) + Bonus, Pension, Health
About the Company:
Over the last twenty-five years, our client has built a reputation for creating homes that surpass expectations in terms of design, quality of construction, and their vision for sustainable development. Across London and the Home Counties, their developments encompass new homes, contemporary urban apartments, refurbished historic buildings, traditional family homes and innovative mixed use schemes.
About the Role:
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor for a large scale high spec development happening in the West of London. With a view to either holding a No.1 or No.2 position this development offers exposure to some very complex and high grade materials and building techniques with the opportunity to build a career into Senior Management over the next 5 years.
* Sub-contract tendering and procurement to meet required deadlines
* Provide a detailed prelims cost budget and share with Site Manager at the appropriate time.
* Payment of subcontractors, variation orders and settlement of final accounts.
* Monitoring and explaining cost movements.
* Manage the adoption process of public works.
* Take specifications and drawings from Construction handover and prepare suitable packages for tender.
* Analyse returned tender and recommend the most commercially viable contractor.
* Monitor and explain subcontractor cost movements.
* Responsible for subcontractor payments, variation orders and day works and settlement of final accounts.
* Undertake monthly cost reports and estimate future likely cost expenditure.
* Report on savings and excesses against budget costs to the Director.
* Forecast final accounts.
* Be aware of all codes of practice that impact on surveying e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
* Monitor, reconcile and recharge any costs, which relate to shared cost items with either other businesses within the Group or external Companies.
* Attend pre start, specification and any other relevant concept meeting as required.
* Input and maintain any computer based databases or systems.
* Must have a minimum of roughly 5 years Quantity Surveying experience
* Must have worked for a Developer or Main Contractor
* Must have residential build experience
* Must be able to demonstrate job loyalty
About the Benefits and Reward:
* Basic salary of up to £65,000 (depending on experience)
Contact: (phone number removed)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.