Fawkes & Reece South are working with a Main Contractor who are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join one of their busy commercial teams to help successfully deliver a range of projects. They are working on behalf of a water services company in collaboration with a several private clients to deliver a range of projects as part of the AMP7 framework. The projects range in value from anywhere between £1m to over £35m.
Your role will be to ensure that the commercial duties are being performed in line with the form of contract and produce accurate reporting on the performance of the AMP 7 framework to the client. The team will seek to minimise the costs and add value whilst maintaining good relationships with other stakeholders. The commercial team work on multiple projects at the same time and you may have some involvement on other infrastructure projects.
You will be involved in (but not limited to):
– Accurate monthly forecasting including maintaining a detailed cost plan
– Produce and send enquiries with relevant documentation to subcontractors
– Producing monthly reports and cost value reconciliation
– Manage any changes in a timely manner in accordance to the forms of contract
– Produce, submit, and agree monthly application with the client, in line with the form of contract
– Liaise with operational and engineering staff to ensure site records are kept to the standard required
– Attend weekly progress meeting with subcontractors and the client
– Work collaboratively with the bid and estimating team in relation to any contractual queries
– Produce and submit any compensation event quotations as
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
Degree-qualified or equivalent
Member of RICS or IOB (or seeking professional membership)
You'll need good working knowledge and experience with the NEC form of contract
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an outstanding working environment, opportunities to progress whatever stage of your career as well as a package that gives you security and recognises your contribution to the business. You will also get the opportunity to work on one of the UK's most exciting projects.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Malvin at Fawkes & Reece Southampton or use the link below
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.