Elvet Recruitment have been appointed to recruit a Quantity Surveyor for a leading house builder in the North East.
Our client is a highly regarded developer who operate throughout the region.
This role of Quantity Surveyor is responsible for managing the commercial aspects of each development. This includes managing the costs for each site and ensuring that targets are met by managing and controlling the budgets and valuations.
Main duties will include:
* To produce draft budgets and site start budgets for each site allocated to the Quantity Surveyor.
* Producing quarterly valuations and complete material ‘cost to complete’ exercises for each site the Quantity Surveyor is responsible for.
* To produce sub-contract payments and final accounts, ensuring that the sub-contractor has signed these off.
* Produce sub-contract orders, ensuring they are authorised by the authorised representative, together with all necessary documentation to comply with Group Commercial Policy.
* Completing on-site measurements and assess payments to contractors.
* Attend and contribute to various meetings, such as pre-order meetings, quarterly valuation meetings and project review meetings with senior management, construction team as well as external contractors.
* Manage all sub-contract orders on site, meeting sub-contractors as and when required.
* Maintain trade specifications.
* Price customer extras and liaise with sales department as necessary.
* Manage Professional Fees Budget.
* Assist with material buying when required.
* Assist the Estimator and / or Commercial Manager with take-off’s for land appraisals when required
To be considered, applicants must:
* Relevant industry requirements, RICS, Surveying Degree or HND
* Ideally have worked for a house builder
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.