Quantity Surveyor – Brickwork & Blockwork Contractor – London
About My Client: Primarily a brickwork and blockwork contractor, whose services include labour provision for various trades across Ireland and the UK. In recent years, they have diversified their spectrum of works to capitalise on the workforce’s expertise by undertaking projects within the civils sector including all aspects of groundworks, as well as joinery and maintenance works. They cover a wide range of fields within the construction and civils sector including, New Schools and Universities, Hotels, Hospitals, Pharmaceutical Facilities, Civic Buildings, Shopping Centres, Private and Social Housing, Refurbishment works and Project Management.
The company has experienced substantial growth in the last 18 months and demand for their services has risen to unprecedented levels. Whilst the growth can be predominantly accredited to their flourishing reputation as a brickwork and blockwork contractor, the expansion into civils projects has allowed their skillset to encompass works such as resurfacing, line marking and drainage also.
About The Role: They have an opportunity available as Quantity Surveyor to join their team. As a Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for the following:
* Ability to price tenders and have good negotiation skills Preparation of accurate and timely valuations.
* Ensuring payment dates met Commercial awareness of Labour rates and Material prices required to carry out the works.
* Must be familiar with estimating building materials & cost planning using the new rules of measurement.
The ideal candidates will have the following skills and experience:
* Degree Qualified
* 2 Years’ + Experience
* Brickwork / Blockwork is an advantage
* Contract Administration in respect of JCT and NCT Contracts
* Commercial and Residential Construction technology
* Cost X is an advantage (used in the office)
* Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing company with great development opportunities
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.