We are actively seeking a Quantity surveyor or assistant QS who is looking for an interesting opportunity offering high level career progression.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor within maintenance and refurbishment to join a multi national direct service provider. The ideal candidate, Quantity Surveyor will have a background in Maintenance, refurbishment, construction. An individual that has a business acumen, with the ability to work face to face with large regional clients to the business.
* To be responsible for the Quantity Surveying of the regional office including all projects ensuring that financial targets are achieved. To provide an effective interface with clients, service partners, and subcontractors agreeing the scope, value and specification of work and to ensure payments are received and made within contract timescales.
* To report to the regional Director on all Commercial aspects of the Contract(s) you are responsible for.
* To liaise with clients and their representatives to ensure their requirements are understood and all contract requirements met.
* Manage the work order and variation process in an effective manner to ensure all critical deadlines are met, specifically submission of proposals and valuations
* Ensure all Contract Set-up and close down procedures are followed.
* Monitor service line costing and ensure profitability is maintained. To liaise with the service leads and project managers to ensure maximum efficiency of working methods and material procurement.
* Produce work orders and accurately price works and challenge service line proposals to ensure be value to our client
* To attend contract meetings both within the region and with its clients and service lines to ensure the smooth running of the project.
* Ensure all contact requirements are fulfilled.
* Assist in the successful management of the contract.
* Any other duties required.
* A recognised quantity surveying qualification at HND level or higher is preferred but not essential
* Relevant experience in a similar environment
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* IT skills including advanced Excel, Microsoft Project and Word.
HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
* Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
* Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.