The position would suit a candidate who has their BSc Honours in Quantity Surveying and is working towards MRICS chartered status or has recently become chartered and are looking to take their career to the next step and broaden their experience. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed individual to further develop their career and be trained and supported through our proven RICS approved structured training plan. Applicants should hold excellent people and IT skills and be driven to work as part of our existing team. Ideally candidates should have a minimum of five years relevant experience of working within a private Quantity Surveying practice.
We provide a number of services across most sectors and there is an opportunity to become involved in Cost Management, Traditional Quantity Surveying, Employers Agent, Project Management, CDM services, specialist M&E measurement, billing and costing, procurement and dispute resolution.
Projects include a variety of refurbishment and new build within a wide range of sectors, including Higher and Further Education, Local Authority, Residential, Social Housing, Private Houses, Hotel and Leisure, Commercial Developments, Retail, Community projects and Restoration/Conservation.
The successful candidate should ideally:
* have strong understanding and practical experience of both Pre-Contract and Post-Contract work
* have a working knowledge of main contract forms
* have strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable in a client facing role
* be able to manage and deliver projects with minimum of supervision
* be either chartered or currently working towards chartered status
* be ambitious with career and business development aspirations
* be able to work as part of a larger team as well as manage and help lead and develop Trainee Quantity Surveyors
In return you can expect:
* Competitive Salary and benefits reflecting experience level and qualifications
* Extensive training and development and assistance in gaining Chartered status, if necessary, via our RICS
* Approved Structured Training Programme
* RICS fees paid
* Promotion / progression opportunities
* Supporting and developing networking and business development
* To become involved in a range of projects
* Become part of office management working with and reporting directly to Senior QS’s, Associates and Partners
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.