Quantity Surveyor (Demolition)
Seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor with experience in Demolition projects, or interest in progressing [construction] career into Demolition.
* Manage and complete PQQ`s including the technical and quality aspects for tender return.
* Meeting clients to determine their needs and discuss any areas that need revising for price or feasibility.
* Calculating material quantities and costs, labour costs and an achievable project timeframe.
* Develop strong relationships with external clients, consultants, and other specialists.
* Develop and maintain market awareness on materials and sub-contractor prices.
* Maintain database of standard cost allowances and work closely with the commercial department to ensure cost assumptions are current.
* Responsible for taking off quantities, procuring competitive quotations, analysing the results, and producing finalisation documents.
* Consider drawings and employers requirements, understand the requirements of the tender documentation.
* Consider and negotiate sub-contract quotes and attendances to incorporate into estimates.
* Visit site to establish site constraints etc, that may affect pricing strategy.
* Be technically competent of the demolition process, or desire to develop if from construction background.
* Analyse and critique all information provided to Department for cost effectiveness.
* Explore and present innovative techniques to reduce cost. Value engineer specifications and materials to enhance cost effectiveness.
* Any other ad-hoc duties as requested by Manager.
* Knowledge of relevant demolition (or construction, with a view to developing demolition) health and safety policies and procedures.
* Estimator / QS experience.
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
* Be approachable and professional.
* Must possess excellent organisational skills, meeting deadlines, plan and prioritise workloads.
* Prior experience in a construction or demolition industry.
* Excellent communication and IT skills. Good ability with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
* MRICS or completed a Quantity Surveying degree (beneficial but not essential if qualified by experience)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.