Our Client, An established company in Dublin requires a Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
Key Responsibilities :
* Produce budgets and cash flow forecasts for all secured projects.
* Negotiate best prices with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure projects comes in on or better than budget.
* Procurement of key materials to suit project programme.
* Carry out value engineering exercises and make cost saving proposals to Main Contractor / Client.
* Preparation of interim valuations and final accounts.
* Maintain a close working relationship with the Commercial Manager.
* Pricing and submitting of costs for all variations in a timely fashion.
* Certify works completed by subcontractors.
* Ensuring contract correspondence is being responded to quickly and contractually
* Set an example of the Company’s professional image at all levels of contact, and ensure similar conduct from subcontractors and supervisors.
* Any other reasonable duties as required by the directors, management or consultants appointed by the director
The Individual :
* A construction related college degree or equivalent; construction science or engineering degree preferred
* At least 3 years’ experience of acting as a Project Quantity Surveyor.
* Excellent commercial aptitude and negotiation skills.
* Must be able to read and interpret drawing specifications for roofing projects
* Effective communication, supervision, and managerial skills
* Must have a high level of computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Microsoft Project is a plus
* High level of numeracy.
* Excellent IT skills
* Excellent organisational skills
* Budget management experience and demonstrable attention to detail
* Strong team player
* Current drivers licence
For further information please contact Thomas in Arcon Recruitment
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.ie.