Sewell Group Quantity Surveyor Hull
Compass Resourcing is currently recruiting a Quantity Surveyor & Estimator on behalf of a highly acclaimed, multi award-winning main contractor located in East Yorkshire who work on projects across a multitude of sectors including Leisure, Retail, Hospitality and Education.
Working in a professional but fun environment, the suitable Quantity Surveyor can expect the opportunity to progress their career. Especially, as my Client is well known for its training support and investment they put into their people.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Quantity Surveyor & Estimator will be responsible for managing and control some commercial aspects of projects, both at pre-construction stages and in project delivery stages predominantly within the Construction Services unit of our business, working on projects ranging from £10k to £2.5m.
Ideally, candidates will have over 5 years’ experience working as a Quantity Surveyor for an interior fit-out contractor or main contractor and have a proven track record of managing your own projects.
* Development of a robust elemental costing, with the ability to make informed site visits, raise client queries, subcontract enquiries, take offs, and supporting the design and development process with the Project Team
* Quantify project risks and cost accordingly
* Assist in agreeing figures with internal team & client representatives
* Support the wider team to develop quality criteria for bid submissions
* Advise on design cost implications to ensure client budgets are achieved
* Ensure deadline and reasonable timescales are all adhered to for bid submissions
* Work on multiple bids and quotations at any one time
* Implement and monitor all systems and procedures, and ensure effective operation
* Ensure effective communication to all parties
* Maximise efficiency of reporting techniques/systems
* Utilise and develop company I.T. systems currently in place
* Support internal Commercial team and develop financial controls
* Review cost model, monitoring and reporting monthly
* Place subcontract orders in accordance with the main contract and ensure timely payment of subcontractors and suppliers
* Advise other project surveyors and site management team of opportunities to maximise value and minimise costs in line with the Sewell behaviours and values
* Assist in agreement of valuations with client, raise invoices and ensure payment within time
* Assist in agreement of final accounts with client and supply chain
* Assist in the evaluation of commercial implication of instructions received
* Monitor internal expenditure against budget, produce contract variation reports and report exceptions to the Commercial Manager
* Ensure compliance of Sewell Health and Safety standards and procedures
* Work on multiple schemes at any one time
* Personal & Team Development
Key Skills and Attributes:
Hold a full driving licence, valid in the UK
Hold a professional qualification in Quantity Surveying
Previous experience within a competitive and successful surveying/commercial team or department dealing with both estimating and quantity surveying roles
Experience of working on NEC3 & 4 / JCT contracts
Have experience within a Health, Education and/or Commercial sector
A positive and professional attitude
Ability to work using own initiative but also as part of a close-knit team
Excellent levels of computer literacy, and be fluent in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
Have a proactive attitude towards delivering construction works to a world-class standard
Hold excellent communications skills and the ability to liaise with senior clients & subcontractors
Possess good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise a variety of tasks
Possess a positive approach to learning, development and progression
Have a flexible outlook towards hours worked (some out of hours working may be required)
Have working knowledge of current Health and Safety practice
Ability to work on multiple bids and live schemes at any one time, and prioritise time and tasks accordingly
Competitive Salary, dependant on experience
Opportunity for annual bonus
This is a full time, permanent position, required ASAP.
Standard working hours are Monday – Friday 8.30am-5pm.
All Health & Safety risks will be covered in induction. If there is ever an instance in which you do not receive an induction, be sure to call Compass as a matter of urgency
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.