Quantity Surveyor – Fit Out Contractor – London
About my client: Our client, a £20m turnover contractor, operates in both the public and private sectors, having developed expertise in hospital developments, schools, student accommodation, office and commercial space.
The successful candidate must come from a Sub – Contract background with experience in Carpentry / Joinery / Fit Out projects and will be based in London.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
Participate in tender handover from estimating department
· Ensure Adequate LOI or PO in place
· Prepare profit plan following receipt of Estimator
· Procure sub contract packages, prepare sub contract orders ensuring compliance with specification, drawings and employer’s requirements
· Monitor Labour Spend throughout the project
· Monitor Material Spend throughout the project
· Negotiate material prices and lead-times where required
· Ensure payment notices and payless notices issued when payments made
· Experience of using NAV Software (or alternative system)
· Produce project cash flow forecast and keep up to date changing if the project moves
· Prepare and submit client applications accurately and in a timely manner to maintain positive cashflow
· Manage sub contract applications and ensure work packages are valued correctly and on time
· Manage project correspondence and meeting attendance
· Ensure monthly applications are certified on time and invoiced as appropriate.
· Manage and agree sub contract instructions and issuing subcontract variations.
· Visit site regularly during installation
· Conduct site measures where relevant
· Monitor productivity prior to valuations
· Create, monitor & keep CVR’s updated
· Submit and agree client variations
· Prepare, submit and agree client final account
· Conclude subcontract accounts
· Preparation of monthly cost to complete reports (CTC’s) accurately and on time.
· Participate in team meetings and liaise with site team
· Carry out and assist with Value Engineering as appropriate
· Liaise with Commercial Manager in respect of claims for acceleration, prolongation and EOT requests
· Understand and implement company health and safety policy and all company processes at all times.
· Monitoring and managing risks, change and overall cost control to maximise profitability, accurate reporting of project financial performance
· Estimate projects using Causeway estimating system, produce BOQs using on CAD/OST Measure
· Liaise with supply chain ensuring most competitive rates and materials used
· Positive engagement with the company’s and client teams at every opportunity
Experience Required and core competencies:
· Minimum 3 years’ experience working with a specialist interior fit-out contractor
· Degree qualified in RICS or CIOB approved QS course preferential
· Good communication and organisational skills
· Ability to remain calm and focused
· Accuracy and quality in reports and documents
· Professional conduct & appearance when representing the business
· IT literate
· Knowledge of British Standards and Governing Regulations
· Knowledge of JCT and NEC contracts
· Preparation and Distribution of prescribed Company documentation
· A full UK driving license
· Competent to work under normal supervision
· Competent to work without supervision
· Competent to supervise and train others
· Capable of assuming greater responsibility
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.