Our client, a global independent consultancy in construction requires a Quantity Surveyor to join their team on an exciting water project.
As the Quantity Surveyor you will assist and advise Commercial Lead and Senior Management Team on commercial influences around Cost and Value reporting and changes required to ensure profit targets are met.
Oversee the procurement and management of sub-contractors and other suppliers.
* Effective communication and excellent negotiation skills.
* Knowledge of work activities undertaken (Administrative and Operational).
* An understanding of all relevant statutory, regulatory and company policies and guidelines.
* The ability and desire to identify opportunities for improvement and influence change.
* To be able to react to constant changing workloads.
* Knowledge of service delivery within the utilities sector.
* Effective people management skills.
* BSc in Quantity Surveying or other construction related subject and/or substantial previous experience in a similar position.
* Detailed knowledge, understanding and previous experience of NEC contracts.
* Pre and Post Contract experience.
* Suitable infrastructure experience on major construction projects.
* Strategic thinker, ability to formulate and communicate alternative options to clients.
* Experienced in project delivery.
* Experience working in a client focused environment – working closely with clients, other consultants, updating clients on progress, while taking personal responsibility in dealing with clients and striving to exceed their expectations.
* Ability to manage personal workload and a significant portion of projects in cooperation with line manager.
* Cost management.
Location: Hybrid / Darlington
£55,000 – £75,000 + Excellent package + 35 days holiday
If you have the skills and experience for this opportunity and the ambition to take this position, please apply now to submit your CV
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.