About the Company:
Our client is a specialist brickwork contractor Established for 20years our client employees over 150 site professionals and continue their growth with secured contracts for various Main Contractors such as Galliford Try, Vistry Partnerships & Higgins Construction. They specialise in High end residential & bespoke commercial projects in and around London varying from One Hyde Park to the Southbank Tower.
About the Role:
Our client is currently looking to recruit a Commercial Manager, to work alongside the Director of the business. You'll be responsible for but not limited to both estimating and commercial management. At present they are expanding their business and have many new projects coming up and already started in and around the London area. Your role will be leading the surveying function to ensure that Company targets and objectives are met reporting to senior management.
You duties will include:
* Reviewing tender documents
* Estimating, take off’s via Bluebeam
* Pre start meetings
* Attend site at regular intervals to value works completed.
* Take receipt of instructions, CVI’s and Daywork sheets from Foreman.
* Request CVI’s and Daywork sheets for any outstanding items.
* Discuss with Forepersons any issues relating to Attendances or Delays.
* Price Variations to the BQ, revised drawings and specifications.
* Price Variations from Qualifications, changes to provision of Attendances, expenditure of Provisional Sums.
* Price site instructions, CVI’s and Daywork sheets.
* Provide detailed rate build ups where necessary.
* Value delays to the programme.
* Value any supplier contra charges.
* Re-measure the works if applicable.
* Submit Valuations in Excel format and e-mail to main contractor in line with schedule of valuation dates.
* Periodically line up costs to check interim profitability.
* Agree valuations with the main contractor.
* Chase payment with accounts depts. to ensure received in line with agreed payment terms.
* Produce figures for monthly cost value reconciliation on each project.
* Submit final account on completion of project.
* Attend final account meetings as necessary and agree account; produce final CVR
* Chase retentions when due.
* Ensure documentation is collated and stored in line with Company policies.
* Carry out any reasonable request of a similar nature as directed by Senior Management.
This is an excellent opportunity for those with the desire to achieve results by hard work and who wish to participate in the future of a progressive organisation.
About the benefits / rewards:
Our client support, develop and understand their employees. They offer employee stability through permanent long-term employment and stable working environment. You will be well rewarded for your hard work with a remuneration package that will correspond to the individuals experience and skills. This position offers an excellent basic salary of between £70,000 – £85,000 dependant on experience.
Candidates will ideally have industry experience and should be able to demonstrate successful commercial project delivery with the ability to work without support or supervision and a mature attitude to work. You will need to have experience of working for a subcontractor, ideally from within external/brickwork background
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.