Title: Head of CAD Department
Reports to: Director
M2 Partnership has been instructed by one of our clients to recruit an Associate Director CAD Manager to head up the neighbourly matters team for a London-based Rights of Light consultancy.
The Rights of Light CAD department provides a range of technical services, primarily to the rights of light (ROL) department, which supports their surveyors in delivering professional advice to clients. The primary purpose of the CAD Manager is to support the Directors in the efficient delivery of those services by proactively managing resources (both in-house and outsourced sub-consultants) and deadlines, prioritising workload and ensuring projects meet time and budgetary constraints.
Other key aspects of the role include developing and implementing agreed workflows and quality standards across the department to maximise efficiency while ensuring clients’ briefs and surveyors’ requirements are met.
DAY TO DAY DUTIES
* Ensure good communication between CAD team and ROL surveying team
* Understand CAD workload and deadlines emanating from surveyors and capacity of in-house and outsourced resource
* Ensure fair and efficient distribution of workload and keep CAD programme updated
* Keep Directors informed of general workload, progress and any foreseeable difficulties and proposed solutions
* Manage time and budgetary constraints across the department and promptly alert ROL surveyors to any potential difficulties with deadlines or fee budgets
* Manage the CAD team and be a responsible team leader.
* Facilitate proper briefing of CAD department by ROL surveyors on every project
* Ensure that technicians have all the information they need for their project
* Carry out site visits, where required
* Develop and implement CAD standards, workflows & quality management procedures
* Assist Directors in managing outsourced sub-consultants and quality checking the team’s work
* Diligently record own time spent across multiple projects on a daily timesheet
* Ideally have a Bachelor’s degree in design, engineering, architecture, land surveying or related field
* CAD certification or relevant experience
* CAD management or drawing office management experience
* Ideally experienced using Revit, AutoCAD & MBS
Interviews are being conducted in the next three weeks. For more information, please contact Alex Fernandez on (phone number removed) or apply on the link below
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.