Talent are recruiting on behalf of their client based in the Huddersfield area for an experienced Sales Consultant from the Building/construction industry on a full time permanent basis – It is essential you have knowledge of UK construction, sales process, pricing and quotations and UK Geography.
* To sell the products and services by prospecting and proactively initiating successful new sales opportunities within sector specific GB markets.
* Working in liaison with external sales managers, respond to client enquiries, communicate on technical issues and increase sales volume in line with internal sales policy.
* To fulfil GB market needs and engender confidence in us as a supplier to gain repeat business.
* To keep abreast of competitor information and strategies.
* To keep abreast of markets and identify opportunities for products that you can source and sell.
* To cross-feed opportunities to other sales personnel whenever appropriate.
* Pricing, quotations and quotation follow up.
* Negotiation with customers and closing the sale successfully.
* Key account management.
* Visiting clients and sites.
* Achieve personal sales targets and assist in achieving departmental targets
* Proactively contact clients by telephone to sell products and services
* Develop and manage a database of clients through sales activities and by inputting data in accordance with procedures
* To fully understand and respond to client needs by building and maintaining relationships and providing excellent customer service
* Undertake visits to engineers, designers, customers and sites (approx. once per month) and as required to increase sales
* Provide pricing and quotations for all products, bought in products and services
* Identify the most appropriate alternative products and prices when generic or competitor products are specified
* Sales order processing
* UK construction knowledge – essential
* Sales process knowledge – essential
* Pricing and quotations knowledge – essential
* UK georgraphy knowledge – essential
* Technical product knowledge – essential
* Knowledge of building/roofing market – desirable
* tender/contract process – desirable
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of Talent-UK Ltd who are operating as an employment agency/business, we are an equal opportunities employer, Your application will be sent to us for review, at which stage we will be in touch to discuss your details further. We will not submit your CV until you have been briefed on the position and we have your consent to do so
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.