Chartered Senior Building Surveyor
My client is currently looking for a Chartered Senior Building Surveyor to join their London office. The successful candidate will be part of a team of Building Surveyors covering all aspects of professional and project-related building surveying across the private and public sector. The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing the company’s culture of innovation and reinforcing their reputation as a preferred service provider. Working in this role will involve assisting in the management of client and project teams to deliver Building Surveying services profitably and on time to a wide range of clients. The role will cover the full spectrum of Building Surveying services, including design and specification, contract administration, building surveys and dilapidations.
Their Building Surveying team has a broad-based background, is a highly motivated group with varying levels and types of experience and is the ideal place for you to commence and progress your career in the profession with so many opportunities to learn from the team and from their commissions
They have a longer-term business plan based on this exciting workload, and they want the right person to join and be part of delivering their goals in expansion in the next few years. It’s an opportunity to expand your experience and take your expertise to the next level
Responsibilities for the successful candidates will include:
• Delivering projects, commissions, and professional assignments from inception to completion
• Maintaining effective communication to ensure all information is available for the successful completion of projects and liaising with other managers to ensure efficient financial control
• Delivering all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
• Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner, meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients to form strong and long-lasting working relationships
Qualifications and Requirements:
• BSc in building surveying or equivalent
• Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
• Good technical writing and communication skills (both internal and external)
• Proficient skills in the use of AutoCAD and NBS beneficial
• Experience in the higher education, local government, healthcare, and infrastructure sectors beneficial
• Significant exposure to, and good working relations with, private and public sector clients beneficial
• Well-developed skills in the areas of surveys, dilapidations, repairs and maintenance is beneficial
• Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined, and commercially astute
• A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude
• Outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful, and flexible when speaking to colleagues and client alike
• Good IT skills (AutoCAD, NBS, MS Project, Outlook, Word, Excel and other bespoke software)
My client is one of the world’s leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise, and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, they operate in the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India, and the Middle East.
My client is an equal opportunity employer. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, they ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job. They are also proud to have signed the Armed Forces Covenant, which represents a promise by the company that those who serve or have served, and their families, are treated fairly
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.