My client have an opportunity for a Senior Building Surveyor, MRICS qualified with relevant degree, to join their multi-disciplinary practice based in Kent.. You will lead on Project co-ordination, contract administration and perform general Surveying duties across a range of projects and clients.
* Receiving Client instructions and agreeing fee proposals for various projects and professional surveying instructions
* Surveying and reporting on residential, commercial and education properties.
* Acting as Lead Consultant for refurbishment and new build projects for public and private clients in different sectors including residential, commercial and education. Includes briefing Clients, design, co-ordinating consultants, specifying, cost advice, tendering, drafting contractual documents and contract administration.
* This is a Client facing role and will include chairing meetings, presentations, resident meetings and the like. There may a requirement to attend out of hours meetings from time to time e.g. resident and leaseholder stakeholder meetings.
* Experience of JCT contracts (both Contract Administration and Employer’s Agent roles), Party Wall and building pathology / defects diagnosis is essential.
* Ability to use AutoCAD is preferable.
* Demonstrate good oral, written communication and personal presentation as the role is client facing and you will be required to give presentations, chair meetings and prepare professionally written reports to a high standard.
* You will need to demonstrate your resilience as this position attracts a high volume of work and at times, can be a pressured environment.
* Be organised and prioritise own workload to meet tight deadlines.
* You will need to manage client expectations skillfully and bring solutions to challenging situations.
* Be able to work under own initiative and also as part of a team.
* The role will include an element of mentoring junior staff.
* You will be required to drive between sites so need to have access to own vehicle and a clean driving licence.
* Professional Integrity
* Technical Expertise
* Solution Focused
* Reliable Personal Service
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.