Job Title: Senior Civils 3D Design Engineer
Salary: upto £55k + Package
My client has an exciting opportunity for a SENIOR CIVILS 3D DESIGNER JOB to join our Power Transmission & Distribution business based in Dartford.
* Support in the production of Models, Data, Scripts & Drawings for Cable Trench/Trough Layouts aminly using C3D, creating Profile and Cross Section creation, estimating Earthwork Quantities and Corridor Grading (Cut and Fill), Electrical Layouts, ‘As-Built’ and Mechanical Assemblies, etc. Supports Scoping/Delivering of Projects to agreed time scales.
* Produce final 3D / 2D drafting Manual with guidance of Digital engineering manager. Manage and audit all ouputs (2D drawings, schedules, quantities, descriptive data attributes) in line with company policy and department objectives
What you'll be doing
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for the following:
* Support the Engineering Department, Cabling/OHL/Substation Project Design teams through the provision of highquality Engineering 3D Models/Data/Scripts/Drawings.
* Liaise as necessary with the Design Engineer to obtain the most suitable interpretation of Design requirements.
* Competently apply Technical & Practical Skills interpreting Designs into Construction Details. Develop and maintains specialist ability in Autodesk packages such as Civils 3D, Infraworks, Revit, Inventor focussed at Utilities
* Responsible for the translation of Designs into Computational Scripts and Data Management Processes, and onto buildable Construction Details.
* Communication of complex Engineering principles to Stakeholders digitally.
* Attending site to carry out surveys and capture digital measurements.
* Control of all allocated Models/Drawings in line with BS1192 – PAS 1192-2 & ISO 19650 for delivery of BIM projects at Design & Construction stage.
* Understand, maintain and apply Divisional QA policy and procedures in line with the requirements of ISO9001:2000 and to ensure that corrective and preventive action in respect of products, services and the quality system are
effective, as well as ensures that work complies with legislation, Code of Conduct, Contract Performance Procedure and good practise guides.
* To “push the boundaries” of what Computational Design can be in Civils / Infrastructures / Utilities Department and help to lead Digital Engineering development, supporting a variety of projects with computational expertise, and
forming Digital Engineering attitudes towards a computational approach, developing computational strategies, parametric and coded workflows, as well as Digital tools in addition to support Digital Engineering Manager on
developing Computational visions and approaches.
* Works independently and collaboratively driving Digital Engineering processes.
* Develop tactics for algorithmic and emergent Design principles, e.g. multi agent systems using Revit and Dynamo skills.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* Minimum experience of 5+ years in relevant fields, mainly C3D experience.
* ONC/HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline.
* Experience of Computation/Digital Design within Engineering environment.
* Specialist using Autodesk Civil 3D, good understanding of Revit and other Autodesk Tools.
* Working knowledge of Autodesk Navisworks.
* Working knowledge of Autodesk Infraworks.
* Experience in Scripting/Coding.
* Experience using a range of equipment to produce surveys, including Laser Scanning, GPS and conventional methods
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.