A multi award-winning Main Contractor specialising in delivering high-quality construction projects across the UK. Priding themselves on building long-term relationships, the company has acquired partnerships with some of the UK’s leading developers, retailers and logistics businesses and boast an impressive level of repeat business. The firm are on a journey of rapid and sustained growth and are currently delivering projects ranging from £5m-£50m on average.
Projects are predominantly delivered on a new-build, refurbishment or fit-out basis in the following sectors: commercial, industrial & retail.
This is an opportunity for a Senior Design Manager to lead the main contracting design process on a £15m upcoming project. The scheme will have heavy BREEAM & BIM involvement so knowledge of, or experience with both is a must. Working alongside a strong project manager, you will take overall responsibility for the careful & efficient design management of the project by ensuring that the design process runs smoothly. Typical responsibilities will include:
* Management of the design team and design process
* Heavy involvement with both BREEAM & BIM
* Developing innovative design solutions with the design team and supply chain including the production of high quality value engineering solutions
* Managing the relationship with the client, subcontractors and professional team to resolve any design queries and deliver high quality design solutions in a timely fashion.
* Attend and contribute during Design Team meetings with the Client, Architects, Structural Engineers and other Consultants
* Commercial and contractual awareness
* Chairing design meetings
* Ensuring the design is developed satisfactorily to the benefit of the project
* Encouraging the design consultants to produce the highest quality design against cost restraints
* Reporting into head of design
Car or car allowance is included in their benefits package as well as a competitive pension contribution and private healthcare. Aside from the tangible rewards, you will get the chance to work for a well-known privately-owned Main Contractor that ensure that they put their employees at the heart of everything that they do
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.