Reach Resourcing are delighted to be working exclusively with a family run organisation which has expanded significantly in the last 10 years operating, employing over 250 people to recruit a Senior Estimator
Our client currently operate throughout the entirety of East, West and North Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire who are able to provide a fully integrated solution which ensures a streamlined service for all our clients and enables us to assist with every step of a project.
Primary Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Head of Civils the Senior Estimator will be responsible for processing tenders from receipt to submission on a range of general civil engineering projects up to £10m.
* Lead the estimating team and liaise with buyers, contracts managers, health, and safety to produce a comprehensive tender.
* Reviewing and reporting on the Client’s Enquiry to enable a decision to bid
* Preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates for a wide variety of civil engineering projects from first principles.
* Competent in the reviewing of drawings, specification, and contract documents for inclusion in the tender price.
* Creating strategies to gain a commercial advantage.
* Production of estimates on the Conquest estimating software
* Preparing subcontract & materials enquiries for administration and buying team
* Analysing materials and subcontract quotes prior to inclusion in tender price to ensure most competitive price.
* Obtain feedback from site teams on estimating adequacy and current costs/rates are constantly updated.
* Identify risks and opportunities in the tenders
* Present tender submission pack to internal management team for adjudication prior to submission
* Build and promote strong, long lasting customer and supplier relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
* Managing hand over of tender to the construction team
Essential Skills Criteria:
* Minimum 5 years’ experience post qualifications with a civil engineering
* Competent in the use of estimating software (ideally Conquest)
* Experience in highways, reinforced concrete structures, drainage, earthworks, and general civil engineering
* Sectors worked in; energy, highways, housing, public realm council works, commercial/industrial
* Proven track record working on tenders ranging up to £10m
* Numerate and IT literate, familiar with estimating software and Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
* Ideally working knowledge of construction contracts predominantly NEC
* Be able to work under strict deadlines and under your own initiative.
What you'll get in return –
This role will perfectly suit an Estimator who wants the opportunity to join a progressive employer, to drive the business forward into the next stages of its development.
A strong basic salary is available, coupled with a generous car allowance, pension contributions and many more company benefits.
To apply by following the directions on the website, alternatively for more information please call Liz Owen at Reach Resourcing Hull.
Reach Resourcing recruit for Temporary, Temp-to-Perm and Permanent opportunities working Industrial, Manufacturing, Engineering, Construction, Production and Modular sectors throughout the region. If this role is not suitable for you, we would be happy to have an informal discussion regarding any future opportunities.
While we will endeavour to respond to every applicant personally, on occasion this is not always possible, therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 14 days of applying, you have been unsuccessful
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.