Working from home, this challenging and exciting opportunity requires an individual with a strong technical background and demonstrable experience in the support and successful delivery of contracts in the piling and ground engineering sectors.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading geotechnical specialists with a reputation for quality and innovation within the field of foundation and ground engineering. Our client focuses on all aspects of modern geotechnics and foundation engineering, with a specialisation for the larger techniques, disciplines and contracts such as CFA, rotary and diaphragm walls (with or without bentonite / polymer / support fluids), all of which used to form a variety of applications including (but not limited to); foundations, deep basements, tunnels, station boxes, underground car parks, shafts, remediation of contaminated land, bored pile retaining walls and cut-off walls etc.
The business has a strategy to grow significantly over the next three to five years, coupled with the recent award of several long-term major UK contracts, resulting in an exciting opportunity for a Senior Piling Engineer to play a key role in realising this strategy and delivering these works. The successful candidate will possess experience in the support and delivery of piling and foundations engineering projects. Reporting to the Project Manager, you will provide support to the operational delivery of assigned contracts, which will include managing site-based teams, and resolving any technical, operational, and commercial challenges.
* Plan, programme and deliver contracts in conjunction with the Project Manager, internal departments, and any subcontractors in accordance with company policy
* Review estimates and designs to ensure buildability, and supporting projects for the client from receipt of order to completion
* Inspect works in progress to ensure conformance to QA procedures and specification, and that schemes are delivered in accordance with the correct designs and specifications
* Ensure HSEQ plans and RAMS are prepared for contracts in accordance with company policy
* Attend regular meetings with the contracts team to provide progress reports on projects, and if required, offer alternative recommendations to enable successful delivery
* Ensure the commercial team is provided with all relevant information, documentation and instructions to support contract variations and final accounts submissions for payment
* Liaise with the design and estimating teams to ensure budget and labour requirements are met, and ground conditions are according to calculations
* Ensure all projects are planned and executed in accordance with company policy, whilst maintaining and improving the professional and progressive image of the company
* Analyse and interpret client project requirements, drawings and specifications
* Work under deadline pressures in an efficient, composed and calm manner
* Help to manage suppliers and sub-contractors to improve safety, performance and profit
* Candidates must possess a proven track record in a contracts, project or site engineering role from within the piling and foundations sector
* You will have assisted in the support and delivery of projects with a diplomatic and pragmatic approach, but also with a hands-on attitude to clients, sub-contractors and team leadership
* You will possess first-hand exposure to various technically complex and challenging piling and foundations contracts
* You will hold experience of a variety of projects, including multi discipline techniques
* Possess a solid understanding of all stages of the project contracting process
* Able to identify the requirements of assigned projects to efficiently and effectively produce the most appropriate delivery plan or programme
* Correspond and negotiate with clients, suppliers, sub-contractors, site teams and colleagues
* Efficiently manage situations when workload presents conflicting demands on time and availability, demonstrating an ability to effectively prioritise, delegate and schedule
* Monitor, progress and implement controls to ensure tasks are achieved on time, and to cost and quality
* Develop and select effective solutions to challenging and complex project requirements, taking into account risk and opportunity
* Communicate facts, ideas and proposals to all stakeholders (internally or externally) in an effective and persuasive manner
A highly attractive basic salary (commensurate with your experience level) plus extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work and forward progression, given that our client possesses a significant work bank for the long-term future and is firmly committed to continued growth over the next 5-10 years
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.