We are looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise our development in Chelmsford. They will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
To be based on site in Chelmsford and will have sole responsibility for this project and the project team.
The project consists of the mixed development of 118 apartments: 99 private homes for sale 19 affordable homes and commercial areas. The scheme is designed as a contemporary building containing commercial units and communal parts, external and internal car parking areas, landscaped areas and works to the adjoining foot path. Piled foundations, concrete frame, concrete ground slab, brick with metsec inner wall and 3 layer membrane roof.
Please note, we are not looking for a QS project manager, we require a construction project manager.
They must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills.
The goal will be to ensure the project is delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
The Project manager will be responsible for helping to keep projects on a realistic timescale and budget. This involves selecting and leading a project team and ensuring they are aware of all details to keep a client up to date.
* Understanding what the client or company wants to achieve
* Agreeing timescales, costs and resources needed to deliver a project
* Drawing up a detailed programme for how to achieve each stage of a project
* Selecting and leading a project team
* Ensuring that all contractors on site have a coordinated detailed MS project programme
* Directing a multi-disciplinary team
* Communicating with staff at every level, in a calm, personable way
* Overseeing duke street project and being based on site
* Ensuring that each stage of the project happens on time, on budget and to a high standard
* Reporting regularly on progress to the client and stakeholders
* Resolving any issues or delays
* Demonstrating knowledge of all areas of construction
* Ensure that there are no significant delays to the project
* Working in an office or on a construction site
* Leadership and business management skills
* Knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware and software
* Persistence and determination
* Able to use your initiative
* Be thorough and pay attention to detail
* Maths knowledge
* Excellent verbal communication skills
Proven experience as a construction project manager, at least 5 years
In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
Good knowledge of MS Office
Familiarity with construction/ project management software microsoft project – not essential
Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
Excellent organizational and time-management skills
A team player with leadership abilities
BSc/BA in engineering, building science or relevant field
PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.