Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager required for a rapidly expanding main contractor who have secured a number of new projects. The role will be site based on a £20 million new build commercial project in Cambridge, following the completion of this project other projects will be located across Cambridgeshire and the local region.
Main duties will include procurement, subcontract management inclusive of administration of the contract, monthly payments and final account settlement. In addition, the role will require completion of subcontract procurement.
Key Responsibilities –
* Sub-contract Procurement and Account Management
* Capable of placing sub-contract orders in line with procurement schedule and commercial parameters and opportunities.
* Regular assessment of work, variation assessment and payment recommendation in line with Sub-contract conditions.
* External Valuations
* Timely submissions in accordance with Contract requirements to maximise profit and cash flow.
* Financial Reporting
* Regular reporting of accurate cost value reconciliation's and forecasting.
* Identifying risks and making recommendations as to how risk can be overcome.
* Identifying and exploiting fully opportunities
* Contractual Matters
* Promptly and fully address all contractual matters to protect the Company’s position at all times.
* Develop and foster collaborative working relationships with Client, Client Representatives, Supply Chain and internal Teams.
* Ensure the safe working practices are adopted and followed throughout in accordance with current legislation and Group Policy and Procedures
* Regularly review all works in progress, specifically to ensure all health and safety procedures are being followed.
* Minimum 5+ years of Quantity Surveying experience essential on ideally New Build education, health, commercial projects
* Degree Qualification in Quantity Surveyor
* Detailed knowledge of commercial management and QS Role within construction
* Good understanding of project planning, project execution and HSE policies
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly regarded company in the area who are predicting excellent growth over the coming years
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.