Due to securing a new project our client are looking to recruit a Project Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a permanent capacity, the role will be site based and will be located in Milton Keynes, following the completion of this project other projects will be located across Buckinghamshiren and the local region.
They are a reputable and highly regarded Main Contratcor who over the years have built a fantastic reputation within the industry. The project is a £8 million new build education project so ideally are looking for someone who has worked on education projects although othe sector experience will be considered.
Main duties will include procurement, subcontract management inclusive of administration of the contract, monthly payments and final account settlement. In addition, the role will require completion of subcontract procurement. The Quantity Surveyor will report to the Commercial Manager on a regular basis
Key Responsibilities –
* Sub-contract Procurement and Account Management
* Capable of placing sub-contract orders in line with procurement schedule and commercial parameters and opportunities.
* Regular assessment of work, variation assessment and payment recommendation in line with Sub-contract conditions.
* External Valuations
* Timely submissions in accordance with Contract requirements to maximise profit and cash flow.
* Financial Reporting
* Regular reporting of accurate cost value reconciliations and forecasting.
* Identifying risks and making recommendations as to how risk can be overcome.
* Identifying and exploiting fully opportunities
* Contractual Matters
* Promptly and fully address all contractual matters to protect the Company’s position at all times.
* Develop and foster collaborative working relationships with Client, Client Representatives, Supply Chain and internal Teams.
* Ensure the safe working practices are adopted and followed throughout in accordance with current legislation and Group Policy and Procedures
* Regularly review all works in progress, specifically to ensure all health and safety procedures are being followed.
* Minimum 5+ years of Quantity Surveying experience essential on ideally New Build education, health, commercial projects
* Degree Qualification in Quantity Surveyor
* Detailed knowledge of commercial management and QS Role within construction
* Good understanding of project planning, project execution and HSE policies
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.