Remote based Quantity Surveyor (Structural Steel)
This Quantity Surveying role will require you to work on live construction projects in the steelwork industry. You will be working as part of a remote team with direct reporting to the Commercial Manager. The candidate will have experience working directly for a structural steel contractor.
Once a month you will be needed to travel to the office in London.
The main duties in this role will be as follows;
* Management of Subcontractors. This will range from the procurement of the subcontractor, managing their account in terms of reviewing and certification of their payment claims, reviewing and agreeing on variations and the reviewing and agreement of the subcontractor's final account.
* Assessing the construction drawings for changes from the tendered versions.
* Compiling and agreeing on variations with the Client.
* Compiling and submitting the Interim Payment Claims to the Client.
* Follow up on monies due from Clients.
* Compiling, submitting, and agreeing on final accounts with the Client.
* Take-Off structural steel, decking and cladding from drawings
We would like the Quantity Surveyor to have the following qualities;
* At least 5 years of working experience in the Quantity Surveying role.
* Experience working on projects which contain structural steelwork.
* A good understanding of contract law.
* The ability to work within a team, on their own initiative and have excellent attention to detail.
* Knowledge of the Irish steelwork market would be a benefit but not essential.
* Proficient in excel, word, outlook, project management etc.
* Excellent negotiator – specifically with regards to agreeing to project variations and final accounts.
* Ability to demonstrate leadership.
* Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate with all internal and external partners.
* Organisational skills.
The role will be remote.
structural steel, steelwork, structures, quantity surveyor, quantity surveying, steel, metal work, estimating, commercial
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.