Due to expansion, our client is looking for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their fantastic team and grow alongside the business.
The organisation specialises in passive fire protection, they are FIRAS and CHAS accredited.
In return, you will be rewarded with a career defining opportunity to impact on an ambitious and growing organisation that is committed to staff retention, development and equality.
Apply today in order to express your interest and find out more about the opportunity. Should it not be of interest to you, we are representing a number of different organisations in the local area – all of which offer fantastic opportunities that can be discussed with you.
Salary and Benefits
£46,000 – £48,000 per annum
Senior Quantity Surveyor duties and responsibilities
• Liaise with customers and project managers
• Management of commercial and contractual aspects of relationships with customers, consultants and subcontractors
• Measure, price, negotiate and agree budgets and costs for variations to project scope
• Check project costs are correct and raise/resolve queries where necessary
• Attend pre-contract meetings, liaise with a wide range of construction professionals, and ensure timely completion of agreed actions
• Produce and maintain up to date procurement schedules
• Compile and issue invitations to tender, analyse subcontractor quotations and make recommendations for placement of orders
• Compile subcontract orders for approval
• Visit site to measure and value works completed
• Assess subcontractor payment entitlement and process payments
Senior Quantity Surveyor requirements
* Significant knowledge of the construction industry
* Full driving licence
* Experience of working proficiently with key software packages
* Good IT skills, specifically MS Excel
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and key colleagues
* Excellent communication and problem solving skills
* Experience of working with and managing sub-contractor, preferably within the dry lining or fire protection industry
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.