Due to the continued success of our Highways Division, we are excited to offer an opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the commercial team in our Southwest region.
The role will involve work on a variety of civil engineering and Highway infrastructure contracts and frameworks, tendering and pre-contract, internal reporting, and client interfacing.
Duties will include:
* Providing management support to a team of talented Quantity Surveyors ensuring workload is covered effectively and to ensure compliance and processes are being followed
* Acting as a focal point for commercial activities within the region
* Ensure contract commercial deliverables and timescales are met
* Assess, review, and mitigate commercial and contractual risks
* Reviewing contractual documentation at tender stage
* Undertake the role of Senior QS on several projects as necessary
* Checking and authorising Subcontract Orders and Payments
* Preparing, analysing and reporting Monthly Cost Value Reports
* Report Writing
* Sub-contractor and client valuations
* Assisting and providing commercial/contractual guidance during production of cost significant variations
* Pro-active dispute avoidance and management
* Assistance and management of Final Accounts
* Ongoing management of cash collection
* Coaching and mentoring
Qualifications & Experience required:
* Degree Qualified in either Quantity Surveying or Construction Management
* A real eye for the finer details
* well organised with good presentation skills and the ability to communicate professionally at all levels
* Experience working with Highways England as well as Local Authority Highways Clients
* commercially astute and possess the necessary interpersonal skills to work closely with client and site teams
* Previous experience with the NEC form of contract is essential
Due to the variety of forms of contract used and complexity of the projects we work on, we prefer applicants for this role to have a background in working on civil infrastructure and/or civil engineering contracts.
We will offer you a remuneration package including:
* Attractive salary
* Pension contribution
* Private healthcare
* Car or car allowance
* Yearly performance bonus
* Clear career path
* Support in your continued training & development
This is an exciting time in our continued development, and we want to engage with ambitious and talented people interested in joining us. We pride ourselves on high staff retention, mainly down to offering employees a clearly defined career path and the support to excel.
If you have an ambition and drive, then we would be very interested to discuss the opportunity in more detail
**Dyer & Butler are an equal opportunities employer
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.