The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be focused on managing large rail related subcontract packages of work across the project with subcontract values of up to £20m. Employed by a leading rail contractor that operates across the UK.
Some of your key duties will include:
* Produce monthly cost reports and forecasts
* Ensure the companies commercial policies and procedures are being adhered to
* Prepare and complete sub-contract documentation
* Prepare and process sub-contractor applications for payment
* Agree sub-contractor final accounts
* Manage variations and change control
* Act as a mentor to junior members of the commercial team
* Support the commercial
Experience and Skills:
• Experience within the Rail and civils construction sector.
• Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying and/or Construction Law.
• Minimum of 2 years’ Senior Quantity Surveyor experience.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Experience in interpreting contracts/contractual terms.
• Good working knowledge of industry standard forms of contract, in particular the Network Rail suite.
• Work collaboratively and use influence to gain results.
• Show initiative in resolving problems.
• Understand and seek to minimise waste in resources and processes.
• Value for money mentality.
• Take a balanced view on decisions made, considering long term impact/consequences.
• Full driving licence.
• Highly competent in the suite of Microsoft Office (365, Excel, Word, Sharepoint, PowerPoint etc).
* Company Car/Allowance
* Training and Development
* Cycle to work Schemes
* Enhanced annual leave
* 25 days holiday
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.