My client is keen to employ a Senior Quantity Surveyor due to a major influx of project schemes.
You could be a project or senior QS eager to work on a variation of £multi-million projects.
My client works with large blue chip organisations on the build, design and management of large project schemes.
Main Purpose of Job
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the primary role is to ensure the commercial and contract management of the business is being discharged in accordance with the company’s procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To uphold, by example, the highest possible standards in promotion of HS&E procedures, best practice, performance and compliance with legal, company and client procedures.
Quantity Surveyor & Reporting
• Provide the Commercial Manager with a monthly summary of commercial progress on designated contracts. The minimum requirement shall be a variation and risk register update.
• Negotiate, support and work with client to ensure a fully signed contract is in place for execution.
• Work closely with project managers to ensure the project is discharged in accordance contract.
• Ensure payment applications and milestones are maximised and claimed in a timely manner and in accordance with the contract terms.
• Manage the change order process in accordance with the contract terms,
o Setup and chair capture meetings with QA & PM department to capture opportunities.
o Pro-actively identify engineering change, programme change and work scope changes.
o Issue contract change orders under the contract.
o Manage client change approval in a timely manner
• Resolves contract or commercial issue.
• Advise on any contractual or legal matters.
• Liaise with buyer / procurement manager to support pre & post contract supply chain enquiries.
• Ensure subcontract packages are setup with Buyer in accordance with the correct main contract provisions and any client-imposed terms are flowed down into supply chain.
• Mitigate risk at all times.
• Ensure company has appropriate levels of insurance as required by client contract document.
• Produce and monitor an early project cashflow.
• Negotiate, settle and close final account.
Experience and Qualifications:
• You will have experience of working within the Construction industry for a main contractor, specifically on Design and Build; as well as sound knowledge of JCT and NEC Conditions of Contract.
• The ability to work independently as well as within a team is essential.
• You will be degree qualified and member of the RICS or IOB (or moving towards professional membership).
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Quantity Surveyor, Project Quantity Surveyor, Senior QS or QS Consultant
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.