Role: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: North London
Salary: up to £70,000 + Package
About the role –
An exciting opportunity has arisen with one of my clients, a prestigious tier one contractor, to work on a major water framework as they are seeking to attract an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor with a strong civils background.
Responsible to a Project Manager or Commercial Manager for all commercial aspects of a project or a section of a project. Ensure that my client’s commercial position is protected using in depth understanding and experience of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes. Some responsibility for effective client relationship management to encourage smooth commercial progression of the contract.
• Confident preparing and issuing ITT documentation to subcontractors
• Producing documentation to a high standard- demonstrable evidence of document suites prepared
• Carrying out the necessary work, including liaison with the other project disciplines to eliminate scope gaps from the procurement process
• Reviewing tenders, and analysing returns against the cost plan and other tenderers
• Updating the Procurement Schedule and tender lists with live information from liaison with the supply chain
• Engaging the supply chain during the tender duration
• Challenging tender returns if non-compliant upon return
• Adherence to company and project processes and procedures.
• Production of tender evaluation and recommendation reports to a robust standard which can withstand challenge from the Project Management Team
• Seeking authorisation from project leads and director including workshops to present ITT document suites
• Packages from £5,000 to £(phone number removed)+
• NEC experience required
Your other responsibilities will be:
• Business Leadership
• Start Up of New Projects
• Cost Control
• Risk and Opportunity Management
• Programming and Project Controls
• Subcontract Administration
• Project Completion
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience – Procurement experience and track record essential. Disciplines include Civils, Earthworks, remediation, bridges, and structures (RC etc), utilities.
• Degree in Quantity Surveying
• Experience with another contractor
• Must have right to work in the UK
• IT literate
• CSCS card
• Ideally a member of an institution – MRICS / ICES (Desired but not required)
If you would like to find our more information about the role, please apply or alternatively you can send your CV to (url removed) or call (phone number removed)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.