Farrans Construction is currently recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor for a major high profile civil engineering project – The Third River Crossing in Great Yarmouth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Achieve the appropriate commercial result for projects through the provision of accurate financial reporting.
* Build and maintain working relationships with the supply chain and clients.
* Manage subcontractor supplier accounts, financially and contractually.
* Monitor subcontractors against the programme.
* Negotiate final accounts.
* Develop, manage and coordinate the procurement schedule.
* Complete measurements and valuations of work executed, ensuring that they meet the conditions of the contract (re-measure as required).
* Ensure payments to Sub Contractors and Supplier are made to the terms and work in progress cash targets.
* Ensure that Farrans Construction is compliant with all contractual requirements.
* Monitor project expenditure against budget.
* Provide analysis of cost over-run and cost projections.
* Exploring opportunities to maximise value and minimise cost.
* Liaise with clients on commercial issues, including agreement of variations, claims and additional payments.
* Identify legitimate contractual claim situations and prepare suitable and documentation to clients.
* Create project specific commercial risk and opportunity profiles with measurable controls and allocate responsibility.
* Lead and support a team of Surveyors. This will include people management interventions such as performance management, individual focus reviews, manpower planning and the continuous professional development of the team.
* Mentor and coach your commercial team members in line with Company standards and values, to maximise the potential of both the teams and the individuals in line with the Company values and behavioural competencies.
* Strive for continuous improvement within the commercial process and your area of responsibility.
Skills, Experience & Competencies:
* Degree Qualified. Candidates without this level of education may be considered if they can demonstrate suitable commercial management experience. CIOB, RICS, ICES, ICE, or equivalent chartered professional qualification or working towards attainment desirable.
* Demonstrable experience of administering common forms of construction contract conditions particularly NEC and /or JCT and CECA Blueform Subcontract.
* At least five years pre and post contract experience in a civils commercial management role working on major projects.
* Strong understanding of modern building engineering techniques, plant and equipment and an appreciation of logistical needs/issues.
* Strong understanding of construction contract conditions.
* Appreciations of the impact of cost in the completion of a programme and development of a construction solutions.
* Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) Conquest and COINS.
* An excellent professional demeanour.
* Flexible approach to working hours and various different locations throughout the UK if required.
In return, you will be rewarded with an excellent Salary and Benefits Package which includes: Pension Scheme, Car Allowance, Working away from Home Allowance, Bonus Scheme
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.