Due to our rapid and continued growth we are looking to bolster our price-work team with an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor. The ideal candidate will come from a construction/civils background. Experience in water utilities would be beneficial. This full-time role would be based at our head office in South Cerney.
Roles and responsibilities – Senior Quantity Surveyor (Works to Commercial Manager and alongside Contracts Manager)
* Report commercial aspects on a monthly basis, and take commercial responsibility across all of our price-work projects.
* Manage junior members of the commercial team where applicable.
* Generally build working relationships with Hercules supply chain and develop standard rate agreements where possible.
* For current projects, ensure that all external valuations are submitted in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Hercules subcontract making site visits where required to ensure accuracy. Actively chase for subsequent payments to be received on the due date and keep the Commercial Manager updated on any current and potential issues.
* Price and effectively agree all project variations with clients and subcontractors (if applicable), supported by the Commercial Manager. Ensure suitably presented and accurate records are available working in conjunction with our site teams to maximize our position.
* Prepare contractual notices for all events and variations and administer the Hercules Subcontract conditions accordingly, aided and supported by the Commercial Manager and the rest of the management team.
* Achieve timely and equitable resolution of client and subcontractor final accounts.
* Ensure all hard copy and electronic commercial files are up kept in accordance with Hercules procedures and certifications.
* Manage pre-construction activities alongside the Contracts Manager.
* Compile and complete competitive tender estimate/proposals and budgets for appraisal/adjudication by the Commercial Manager and/or Construction Director prior to their submission. This will include but not be limited to making site visits, raising tender queries, reviewing contract conditions, taking off accurate and complete quantities, producing outline programmes, building up fully detailed and transparent preliminary, labour, material, plant and sub-subcontractor rates using an appropriate excel spreadsheet format.
* Prepare handover pricing document for issue to the Operations team upon successful award of any contract.
* Co-ordinate with Commercial Manager to review feedback on any unsuccessful tender and take learning to future tenders.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity, click 'Apply Now'
Hercules Site Services values equality, diversity and inclusion. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applicants from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Hercules Site Services is a keen supporter of the following organisations:
Armed Forces Covenant, which support members of the ex-military community including their families.
Fairness, Inclusion and Respect (FIR) working towards creating a better working environment for all.
Disability Confident (Committed)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.