We are currently looking to strengthen our Senior Site Management Team by one or two members to undertake projects in East Anglia and North-East London.
Our forward workload is indicating strong opportunities in Cambridge and West Suffolk so candidates would ideally be based within 30 miles of these locations.
The Group is very proud of its commitment to its employees and actively encourages professional and personal development. Since its formation in 1978, the Company has established itself as a client-focused Building Contractor, completing a wide range of contracts for blue chip and repeat business clients. The business has a Head Office in Ipswich, but operates throughout the UK.
They undertake new build and refurbishment projects in a typical project value range from £0.5m – £15m in all the major sectors including commercial, educational, industrial, leisure, health and social housing.
Their Senior Site Managers are expected to be the primary Site Manager on complex and technically challenging projects ranging from £4m-£15m, often overseeing a team of junior delivery staff.
Key requirements for the role
* Personal attributes and skills.
* Be well presented and distinguishable as the team leader and have the ability to act as our key customer interface.
* Have excellent construction technical skills and current training certification to back this up.
* Possess a strong commitment to the business and its personal approach to contracting.
* Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients and supply-chain alike.
* Be highly self-motivated and have a positive can-do approach to drive the project to a successful completion.
* Be able to work in a team, reporting to a contracts manager and managing junior managers.
* Demonstrate good team management and leadership skills.
* Take responsibility for the day-to-day running and organisation of the site.
* Demonstrate ability to anticipate and solve problems as they present themselves on site.
* Maintain ordered and accurate information and records on the project.
* Be prepared to travel within our operating area and lodge away when required.
* Specific skills.
* Time; Be able to control the progression of the works by organising trades in accordance with the programme. Be able to develop short term programmes, considering risk management issues, ideally using ASTA software.
* Cost: Be able to understand and work within budgets. Control site costs through the careful review of supply-chain variation requests. Organise and control direct labour and sub-contractors in a timely and efficient manner.
* Quality: Be able to understand and follow drawings and specifications for the works. Ensure that excellent quality and good craftsmanship is maintained.
* Health & Safety: Have a good knowledge of current H&S law and practices. Demonstrate ability to work to the site Health and Safety Plan and manage all onsite H&S aspects.
The company actively encourages continued training and offers realistic long-term career opportunities throughout the Group. The position reflects this ethos and attracts the usual fringe benefits of a competitive salary, contributory pension, bonus scheme, life assurance, annual holidays, car allowance together with generous allowances for travelling and working away from home
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.