SHEQ Advisor – Havant
Trant Engineering Limited is a multi discipline Engineering & Construction company, with offices and projects throughout the UK and Overseas. We have a number of different divisions, including; Energy, Oil & Gas, Process & Water, International and Control & Automation. We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book and a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
We have an immediate requirement to appoint a SHEQ Advisor, to work on our Southern Water Framework contract in Havant. The SHEQ Advisor will be responsible for the Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality of a variety of sites within the Southern Water region. Working on Water & Sewage Treatment Works, work comprises of multiple small refurbishment schemes, involving both civil engineering and M&E works.
Duties include but are not limited to –
* Advise and guide all personnel working on projects with regards to the implementation of the SHEQ policies and procedures.
* To work with all Managers and Staff to ensure risk assessments are prepared and reviewed as necessary and if required to assist with their preparation.
* Support the Managers / Directors in the production, review and implementation of the relevant Project Management Plans / Construction Phase Plans and project SHEQ documentation.
* Delivering inductions and training as required.
* Undertake regular site SHEQ inspections and assist the site teams with closing out issues that are identified during inspections and audits.
* To liaise with client representatives in order to establish good working relationships in relation to SHEQ management of sites.
Minimum Qualifications –
* NEBOSH General Certificate or NEBOSH Construction Certificate
* NEBOSH National Diploma or equivalent / GradIOSH would be advantageous but not essential
* CSCS card
* First Aid
We are keen to receive applications from individuals who are currently working in the position of SHEQ Advisor within a civil engineering or M&E environment and who have environmental awareness. Having a background in working on water contracts would be advantageous but not essential.
At Trant BTU, we offer the opportunity for career development within a safe, professional and friendly working environment. We value our employee’s and strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors.
Our company benefits package includes;
* A competitive salary
* Company car or car allowance
* 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + 8 bank holidays
* Company Pension scheme
* Bike to Work scheme
* 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
Equal Opportunities & Diversity:
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.