Based in Bedfordshire the Site Agent will be reporting to the Team Leader. The role of Site Agent will be to manage the construction phase of scheme works across the client portfolios and external clients.
The construction of the Highways Schemes in Bedfordshire to include (but not limited to) Public Realm improvements, carriageway and footway repairs and reconstruction, drainage, vehicle restrain systems (VRS), temporary works, traffic management, road markings and signs, minor and major improvement works.
General Responsibilities of the Site Agent:
* Effectively lead and manage the construction phase of CBC and external client schemes.
* Provide input into buildability during design phase. Resolve construction issues for design team members and provide advice where necessary.
* Coordination between the design team and the build team during the project start up.
* Work with the Commercial team in the development of Target Costs.
* Develop, manage and ensure compliance with the agreed scheme programmes.
* To promote safe working practices in accordance with the Health & Safety Policy and to lead by example demonstrating commitment for zero incidents.
* Instigate pre-start meetings with all sub-contractors that will be carrying out the works.
* Development of Construction Phase Plan and review of SCP RAMS.
* Manage change management process under NEC contract, through appropriate systems.
* Ensure TM design is suitably developed and on the TM programme in advance of the works.
* A good understanding of the principles of safety management.
* An understanding of all commercial and financial requirements
* Understanding of environmental principles of significant impacts, aspects and controls
* Ability to effectively manage health and safety and environmental emergencies
* Awareness of the waste process.
* A comprehensive understanding of highway maintenance and works.
* Understanding of the NEC3 form of contract and its application within Highways Works.
* A detailed understanding of Health & Safety legislation.
* CITB SMSTS Managing Safety or equivalent
* HNC Civil Engineering or equivalent (preferable)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.