Farrans is currently recruiting Site Agents for one of the largest water infrastructure projects the UK has ever seen – Anglian Water Strategic Pipeline Alliance (SPA).
Who are we?
We are the Strategic Pipeline Alliance (SPA) and our purpose is to ‘Make the East of England Resilient to the Effects of Drought.’
By delivering a smart and resilient transfer system through the delivery of pipelines, pumping stations and associated structures, we will be capable of delivering large scale strategic assets and complex systems to our current asset base by ensuring that these are digitally enabled.
With a number of sites undertaking various exciting and challenging projects, it is essential we have the most talented and driven operational teams to outperform against our objectives. To lead our Enabling site operations, we are looking for a number of Site Agents to join our Delivery team!
What will you be doing as our new Site Agent- Enabling?
As our new Site Agent leading on our Enabling works , you’ll manage all aspects of day to day site production for the satisfactory completion of specific elements of the project, including resource management, forward planning and communication with their teams.
In addition, you’ll ensure all operations adhere to both legislative and SPA guidelines for health, safety, environmental and quality procedures and are delivered within budget, on schedule and in accordance with the appropriate standards, specifications and regulatory requirements.
* Contribute to work planning; Utilisation of Production techniques and planning tools to ensure efficient management of onsite production
* Management of on-site supervisors, engineers, labour and subcontractors
* Management of Health, Safety, Environment and wellbeing on site. Including the preparation, approval and delivery of RAMS, SSOW, permits, site inductions and briefings with a thorough understanding of safety, environmental and quality management processes and regulations
* Understanding and experience of land entry practices
* Thorough understanding of commercial, contractual and procurement processes, including the NEC suite of contracts to enable effective delivery.
* Management of Risk and Opportunity; Understand the sites Risk and Opportunities and work with the team to pro-actively mitigate risks and realise opportunities
* Experience in the supervision and coordination of Temporary Works on site, ideally with an internal or external accreditation
A little bit about your skills, experience and behaviours….
* Civil Engineering Degree/Diploma or equivalent
* CSCS card in the appropriate discipline and ideally hold a CITB SMSTS/ SSSTS qualification.
* Full Driving License
* Sound knowledge of engineering with experience over a minimum 4 to 5 years in management role working on major structures/civil engineering/water industry proiects is essential
* Good verbal and written communication skills and able to engage with stakeholders at all levels
* Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning and organisational skills.
* An excellent professional demeanour
* Flexible approach to working hours and potentially different locations.
* Willingness to assume additional responsibilities in keeping with the project requirements
* To be considered for this position, you’ll demonstrate experience of being part of large-scale infrastructure programmes of work, preferably with experience of project mobilisation, enabling, easement and landscaping activities
* You’ll understand the benefits of a production-based approach and how this can deliver differently
* As an excellent communicator, you’ll be passionate about optimising collaboration and be accustomed to bringing different stakeholders together to share knowledge, expertise and innovation to find the most relevant solutions
* Operating with an infectious can do and enthusiastic attitude, you’ll drive the teams around you to outperform on a consistent basis.
In return, you will be rewarded with an excellent Salary and Benefits Package which includes: Pension Scheme, Car Allowance, Working away from Home Allowance, Bonus Scheme
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.